2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Priceline
US$143
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
TapestryUS$143
Hotels.comUS$136
travelup.comUS$157
All reviews historic hotel public parking lot rooms are small memory foam street noise comic con fantastic location restaurants and bars salt lake comfortable beds rental car lobby slc downtown hvac renovation temple
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2021

There are other historic hotels in the area to choose from. This one is a bomb. Especially on a weekend night, when all of SLC riffraff decides to party all night right outside your window. Miserable experience.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank betsyblair123
Hector Moreno, General Manager at The Peery Salt Lake City Downtown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2021

We're sorry you were unhappy - we'll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 22 September 2021

Last week I was absolutely appalled by the horrible customer service I received by the front desk clerk Rummani at this Hotel. He directed me to park in the loading zone, and when I got a ticket for being there, he lied and denied telling me to park there. He then persisted to argue with me regarding what he said. When I decided to call Orbitz and cancel our reservation, he waited until the lobby was empty and yelled at me "then get out!". He then persisted to answer every phone call from Orbitz telling them to deny me of my refund (even though I had only checked in an hour prior). Not only does he not have the authority to deny my refund, he refused to let me speak to his manager. He refused to allow Orbitz to speak with his manager. When questioned regarding why he was treating me so poorly, he told me it was because he thought I was a racist. I was absolutely shocked that he brought race into it. Orbitz has been unable to contact the manager multiple times at this establishment. I did infact book an alternative hotel because I could not believe the treatment I received by Rummani. Luckily they have video cameras so I am hoping that his management will review it.

Reviewed 22 September 2021

Clean rooms, friendly staff. Parking is tough since there is no designated parking spot for the guest of the hotel. Plus you have to pay for the parking. The building has a historic character to it. We enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2021

There is no breakfast offered by the hotel. Rooms don’t have a fridge/microwave. You have to pay for parking per day and the fee changes based on the proximity to the weekend. WiFi was mediocre. No laundry

Reviewed 31 August 2021

One of the worst nights I ever spent at any hotel! The location facing a huge parking lot and the nightclub leaves this hotel exposed to an insane amount of noise and vibrations from The unreal volume of music played in the night club. The windows of the hotel seem to have been left out in their renovation plans and looked dirty and original probably dating back to the 1940s. The glass literally vibrated to the point where I thought the window was about to shatter and I woke up multiple times in a panic thinking a bomb went off just to realize that some idiots at the nightclub also lit up fireworks. We were told that the police were called multiple times but they didn’t want to show up until they finally had to since the night culminated in the shooting around 3 AM. Never mind the fact that when I arrived the room was 60° and there was no option to turn on the heat. The AC generator in this hotel made the interior rooms such as the bathroom and toilet vibrate to the point where the entire room was immersed in a drowning hum. Could not connect to the Internet so I had to use the connection I had while eating at the restaurant next-door which supposedly was one of the hotels on restaurants. Oh and did I mention that the food had zero flavor? Last but not least after finally being able to go to sleep at 3 AM I woke up again before 7 AM to the loud yelling match across the hallways by the cleaning crew which went on for over an hour and a half. This location also has no parking anywhere so guests have to find their own parking and pay for it in my case $12 for overnight in a public parking lot behind the hotel. If you have any other option stay away from this place!

Date of stay: August 2021