“Over rated”

Add it.
Kavieng Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Kavieng
Reviewed 12 October 2018

More of a Back Packer then a Hotel. No one would stay here if you had other options.

Beds are uncomfortable, 2 channels of TV, cleanliness is questionable, bore water in shower. Very noise rooms.

In saying the above the choice is very limited in Kavieng.

As with most things in PNG it feels over priced and very underwhelming. In dying need of a renovation by professionals.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Kavieng hotel is situated right in the middle of a little town of Kavieng in New Ireland Province. It's a 15mins drive from the airport 5mins drive to the market ring to on the sealne looking out to Nusa Retreat n out on to the sea with many Islands.

The hotel has a lot, rooms with cable TV show double and budget a conference room restaurant swimming pool bar gift shop and others.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights in a “standard” room on the ground floor. The rooms themselves are clean with comfortable beds and good air con.

My room had an adjoining door, which was very thin; consequently, I could hear every noise and conversation from the adjacent room. I put up with this for a few nights before asking to be moved to a new room, without an adjoining door. The Hotel put me upstairs into a room with a view over the park area at the rear of the Hotel. The aircon wasn’t as efficient but the room itself was larger with an area to sit and work facing the window.

The staff were friendly and on the whole helpful but if I was working, they wouldn’t come in to clean the room or make the bed.

Food was acceptable with a selection of meat or fish in the evening. I asked for lobster 1 day in advance and this was duly provided.

I was leaving early in the morning so I completed check-out the day before. This took forever as they worked out my bill, checked it, double checked it, then checked it twice more!

In the morning as I handed back the key, I showed by receipt for payment of F&B the previous day but was informed I had to pay an extra K55 per night for the pleasure of having changed rooms to get a decent night’s sleep! I

As I was sitting in the airport departure lounge, the receptionist from the Hotel walked in and asked me to confirm I’d paid my F&B bill and to show him the receipt!

All things considered, this Hotel is OK for a stay of a few nights but it does need refurbishment and it is expensive!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

合作公司帮忙定的酒店,结果按照最高的价格,还加10%的税,合 638 kina(more than 200USD),结果是吵闹的空调,没有遥控器的老电视,没有免费早餐,食物极差,再没有比这更差的宾馆了,感觉极差,绝对不会再住这了。劝大家都不用住这.......,definitely bad experience, will never choose it again.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Only did the seafood buffet here. More seafood than you can poke a crayfish at. Had mudcrabs, crays, fish in all varieties and styles. Very good.

Date of visit: April 2016