“Basic Buffet ok price”

Ranked #63 of 73 Restaurants in Manukau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Took the family out for buffet dinner. The restaurant isn’t flashy but the food is generally good with reasonable variety. Decent seafood selection. Good for groups and parties.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Went here for our end of year Xmas lunch. We were reluctant to book here due to past disappointing visits to this restaurant , however this time the food was lovely. The only disappointing part was that the price had gone up by $3 and although we had booked a month in advance, and never contacted about increase prior to our lunch, they were not willing to stay at old price.

1  Thank joedb2388
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Definitely not up to the past Valentines. Prepay as you go in and I can see why. Food was rather a bland basic taste, with no hint of you returning. There was a variety of foods, but they did not seem attractive. I would not advise going there for an entertaining meal.
Previous reviews are definitely on the money as far as returning go - don't go, waste of effort. Go for a takeaway elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I'm not one to complain but I had to review this restaurant. Don't go there, save your money. One dish was a mushroom salad. Which consisted of tinned mushrooms and capsicum.
Pumpkin soup, aka, Milk soup.
I'm so surprised this hasn't been closed down. Food cold. Prawn cocktail disintegrated in my mouth, not too sure what was going on there. Must have been frozen too long.
If your wanting a buffet the Valentines on the shore is 1000x better.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We went to this restaurant because it was the choice of a family member whose birthday we were celebrating. I had previously read the reviews and knew that many bad reviews couldn't be wrong, could they?

First impressions were that the premises were dirty and dingy with ugly old and damaged furniture. I searched for their food hygiene certificate but was unable to find this and I forgot to ask a staff member where it was.

Not wanting to spoil our birthday celebrations, I searched for something to eat from the help yourself buffet. The food looked of poor quality so I sampled only a few items and left most on the plate. I then searched the dessert selection where there was similar low quality items. The food was not to my taste and I will never go there again!

While I didn't like the restaurant or the food, it was nearly full with people who carried multiple plates piled high with the food, chewing away and looking quite happy! I find this hard to understand but there it was. Not to my taste but definitely to theirs!

The staff were pleasant, smiley sorts and happily took group photos of those who wished them.