“Authentic Delicious Italian Food”
Review of Porta Romana

Porta Romana
Ranked #1 of 97 Restaurants in Spruce Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2016

My husband and I have recently moved to Spruce Grove and our wedding anniversary was right around the corner, so he took me here after reading all the wonderful reviews. The restaurant was well lit, staff were great and the ambience was quite romantic.

That night in question, we had a little mishap with my Spaghetti Ai Frutti Di Mare, which was very tasty but I just could not finish it after that. However, the owner came and apologised over and over and comped out entire meal. I understand that mistakes happen. We went there again that weekend and I could hear the waitress say to the kitchen, "It's the same people from the last time". We ordered something different, and again it tasted wonderful with no mishaps.

This really is a wonderful restaurant and I highly recommend it. The menu and dishes are really authentic and I appreciate the freshly made pasta that they offer. We plan on taking my family here when they come visit and dine there regularly ourselves.

2  Thank GussieGrim

Reviewed 18 July 2016

The food is authentic with only fresh ingredients; it is like eating the food from Florence.The owner was saying how he picks up his food fresh every morning and it really is noticeable. The chef pays great attention to detail as well. Porto Romana may be the best Italian restaurant in the Edmonton area. Definitely, try it out!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Been here a few times and I've always been impressed. The menu is full of great Italian dishes and the ambience is great. The service has been top-notch, even when we brought our kids. The food itself is very good with huge portions and home-made ingredients.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

This is by far the best dining experience we have had in Spruce Grove.
The food was amazing and the service was excellent.
Loved the complete dining experience, it was very relaxing.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

My husband, mom and I went here on Sunday night for dinner. It was busier than I anticipated for a Sunday night.

We ordered the Spiedini di Gamberi, corn crusted shrimp on a stick. We received six each on their own stick which my husband quickly dubbed shrimpscicles. They were served with creamy parmasean sauce. The shrimp were delightful!

For our mains we had lasagna, fettuccine montanara and the cannelloni special which came with the mushroom sauce. The food came out steaming hot and we all enjoyed our food and took leftovers home. In the past I have also enjoyed the lasagna special and it also came with the mushroom sauce - I love the mushroom sauce!

For dessert we enjoyed the tiramisu, flourless chocolate cake and the meringue. Again all very good and we all loved our desserts.

The waitress was awesome and she was super busy with many tables. I was amazed by her abilities to juggle so many tables and do an excellent job. I will return for the great food and service! Plus it's nice to eat a non chain restaurant.

The restaurant also has many gluten free options.