Lowest prices for your stay
US$141
Expedia.comUS$141
PricelineUS$140
StayForLongUS$160
1,269 results
All reviews beautiful hotel lovely grounds afternoon tea friends wedding wedding reception function room set menu special occasion fantastic food bar area sandwiches waiting staff main course following morning sunday lunch member of staff beef
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2021

The venue was very well organised in terms of Covid safety. I dealt with two members of staff- both of whom were extremely friendly and helpful. The lady on reception in the afternoon and the gent (Who I think may be the owner) in the evening.
Obviously at the moment restaurants are not an option so take out food was the option. In suppport of this we were supplied cutlery and crockery (spotlessly clean) and an area of the hotel that was suitably socially distanced in layout for me to eat.
In normal times I am sure this great service would be reflected in normal times operations.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 February 2021

The Moat House is a fine family owned hotel and is well suited for business and pleasure alike. The rooms are well equipped, tidy and clean. The team are always willing to make your stay comfortable, including the CEO of the group Chris Lewis.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 January 2021

We stayed here in January following a funeral. The manager was superb, so kind and considerate. We felt so welcome and relaxed and it made a difficult time, so much better. The rooms were large and clean and the bed was really comfortable. None of us wanted to leave the next day and we have all said we will return when this is all over.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 8 January 2021

My stay at The Moat House was thoroughly enjoyable, where I had such a pleasant and relaxing time over a period of several weeks.

The rooms are very comfortable, quiet, very clean and well presented, in an excellent hotel, set in such a scenic and tranquil location. I received an exemplary and consistently commendable level of service at all times during my stay.

The hotel is providing accommodation for key workers, with easy access to the M6 and a few miles from Stafford.

Takeaway meals are available over the weekend and can be pre-booked, as I did when I checked out on a Friday, ready for my evening meal on a Monday evening. A very good take away breakfast is provided, with a nice selection of morning snacks and drinks.

I also highly recommend The Dog & Doublet in Sandon, which is another fantastic pub and hotel that I’ve had the pleasure of staying at. Sadly it remains closed during the lockdown.

My personal thanks to Chris and his team of beyond amazing, friendly, polite, helpful and professional staff.

I very much look forward to staying at both hotels in the future.

May I wish you all a very Happy New Year,

Stay safe and well,

Steve

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 21 December 2020

I was a solo guest in the hotel on 19 December 2020 as a key worker. The service and welcome was beyond exceptional. The 'takeaway' food from the hotel was spot on and the pot of tea was out of this word.

In somewhat unusual times, the welcome to a solo business traveller was beyond exceptional. The room was fantastic and I could not have asked for anything more in terms of making me feel a valued guest.

Without a doubt, I will be back and thank all the staff for their lovely and welcoming service.

Happy Christmas!