“Recent visit”

Bill's Bishop's Stortford
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Service was great and the hostess even gave us some complimentary biscuits as we had a birthday in the group.

The food was terrible.

BillsRestaurant, Operations Manager at Bill's Bishop's Stortford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Good afternoon, Sorry to hear food was terrible during your visit. Would you be able to send me your contact details at hello@bills-email.co.uk so we can discuss further? All the best, Romain

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Came here for a late lunch as a party of 6 to celebrate my daughters birthday.
The restaurant was 50% full so not over busy.
The waiter took our drinks order but when it was delivered he didn’t bring 4 of the drinks. When he came back he still hadn’t got one of them right. The starters arrived promptly and were quite nice, especially the mushroom soup.
The waiter started to clear some of the starters even though one of our party was still eating.
Five of the main courses arrived but my wife’s salad didn’t. Three separate waiting staff said they would look into where it was and it eventually arrived 15 minutes after the others.
Very poor service which is a shame. We didn’t want to risk a dessert or coffee to just asked for the bill which came very promptly!
Will think twice before coming here again.

1  Thank David K
BillsRestaurant, Operations Manager at Bill's Bishop's Stortford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Good afternoon David, I am really sorry to hear you have received such experience. Would you be able to send your contact details to hello@bills-email.co.uk so we can discuss further? All the best, Romain

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Walk in on a Sunday afternoon. Seated quickly. Food was very nice. Staff were pleasant. Although we were seated quite near the disabled toilet. Customers were leaving the door open. Not very nice.
But the main toilets upstairs are not signposted and you are passing staff on the stairs as their kitchens are at the top of the stairs.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Bill’s and I loved everything about it. The ambience was great - low lighting and cosy. The seating was comfortable, and the waiting staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful.
I ordered the flat-ironed steak with the cauliflower side dish - it was delicious!!
Then I had the honeycomb and banana cheesecake for dessert, and again, it was lovely. I really look forward to going to this restaurant again - it was a great evening and well worth the money.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Celebrated a family members anniversary
What can I say ? Perfect
Lovely menu selection to choose from, that caterers for all tastes
Very good selection of vegetarian dishes available
Very nice selection of beers, wines and soft drinks on offer
The service was superb, the staff friendly and attentive
Overall a great place to eat and meet
I highly recommend Bill’s Restaurant