“Kids' delight!”
Review of Morris Museum

Morris Museum
Ranked #7 of 30 things to do in Morristown
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Our grand kids love visiting the museum and delighting in the model trains and the Dinosaurs. The adults often find something extra! The recent Kinetic art exhibit was a fun surprise.

All reviews
"worth the trip"
"wonderful place"
"whole family"

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Really disappointed in the museum. First time there, the Look and Find Thomas book in the railroad room on the top floor is all taken apart, ripped apart at the binding. Only one train running, and the layout has broken items and cobwebs. When the train stopped, we couldn't figure out how to get it running again. The wooden train set is worn, old and has only one engine and a bunch of cars. And I realize it's in the seasonal portion, but disappointed in the train model in the first floor was not available. I'll be sending a letter to Cleveland Johnson (executive director) asking for my money back. Definitely not worth it for my daughter and I to make the trip from Ocean County, NJ. Not recommended, save your money.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We've been here many times and with our girls when they were younger. Their favorite was a classroom from the turn of the 20th Century with blackboards, and period bits of clothing they could put on and pretend what it may have been like to be in school before all the technology. Good performances and concerts also available at the associated Bickford Theater.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The main exhibit was supposed to be interactive but not everything was available. The docent was able to crank and turn on moving art works but some were covered in plastic and not available. There was a video that showed what it was supposed to be but I saw that on line and did not have to go there to see it. On the other hand the permanent exhibits were very nice especially the automatons which was really nice. Will go back to see that again and to be there for the demo at 2:00.