Open today: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great gifty

I needed some gifts for my grandchildren and found the perfect place. two are into crystals and one... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
MarcTuna127
Morris Plains, New Jersey
via mobile
Kids' delight!

Our grand kids love visiting the museum and delighting in the model trains and the Dinosaurs. The... read more

Reviewed 16 July 2018
Girija S
Succasunna, New Jersey

All reviews musical instruments permanent collection on display american indian artifacts great mix visiting exhibits behind glass gift shop star wars current exhibit kids and adults special shows first floor worth the trip wonderful place whole family dinosaurs
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped by after visiting it two years ago. And it was just as wonderful as I remembered it. I love the automata and music machine collection. That will keep drawing me there.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

this is wonderful museum. it has terrific permanent exhibits that can please the whole family! It also usually does a terrific job with its temporary exhibits. I have always enjoyed my visits here.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

This is a small museum, but a gem. The automata section was my favorite. So great to be able to see the movie of all the wind up toys; and hear the the recordings of the musical automata. The big train was also very good, not only because of it's size, but also all the buttons that let you control movement and lights and sound. I also enjoyed some of the toys from 1970/80 - fun to see those blasts from the past.

1  Thank had_47
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Small, but well curated. The permanent collection of gemstones is a pleasant surprise. There are also some Native American items on exhibit.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Even for 60 year oldies it was interesting . Children will love it because most of the exhibits are inter-active. So you press buttons at the railway station , the dinasaur area and the music rooms and get the thrill of a child. Its informative and gives you a fair knowledge of the history of the area. I loved the period clothes and the evolution of American dresses. The precious stones were also impressive. Its very well managed. Senior citizens get a discount.