“Brandon”

Hootch & Banter
Ranked #22 of 449 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Great Food! Great Service! One of the very best restaurants in Frederick. Crab cakes are always delicious!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This is not. our first time to Frederick however, it has been 20+ years and the old town has really stepped up. We pulled Hootch and Banter off the web while visiting for a wedding and a great pull it was. My wife ordered the smoked salmon which was not only easy on the eyes but was very good as well. I ordered the Bantor a very good house cured corned beef and a wake you up mustard sauce, both spot on. We started our meal with the smoked chicken empanadas with red pepper aioli also very good. Our server Blake was pleasant and well versed. The food runner did a great job too, actually explained what he was serving. All in all not an inexpensive restaurant but well worth the price.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. We have wanted to go for some time and I am sorry I waited. They had an amazing selection of drinks that while expensive were worth the price. We visited at lunch and found the pricing for food to be very reasonable. Most sandwiches were in the $11-$15 dollar range including fries. Sandwich portions were very generous. Rachel took care of us on our visit and was spot on with her service. The whole team was amazing and made sure we had a great time. I would say visit early since we noticed a real uptick in the crowd around 1pm and have walked past in the evenings to see a huge crowd. I have attached a photo of the Johnny merlot, this drink was like five in one with a changing flavor as you drink. We would recommend the empanadas appetizer for sure. The apple butter really adds to the flavor in an unexpected way. This is a must visit and I will be back.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Needed a place to eat b4 a few brewery & distillery tours. Read about this place via google & liked what I saw. Good choices of many kinds of bloodys, mimosas & mules. Their seasonal salad w blueberries & strawberries was so fresh& prosseco vinaigrette.. genius!!! From huevos rancheros, corned beef, crab cakes w a side of a petit filet. Good view of streets for people watching.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Nice dropping in after touring the Art Festival. Great cocktails and the beignets for desert were perfect- nice touch with the food runner shaking the bag. The server could have been a bit more attentive - but she was friendly enough. A very good time was had - thanks!!

Been to Hootch & Banter? Share your experiences!