“Elegant dining option in a world-class hotel”
Review of Bar Margot

Ranked #296 of 4,024 Restaurants in Atlanta
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed 4 March 2021

The Four Seasons Hotel has a calm elegance that easily spills over into the bar. These days patrons have safe-distancing options at either well-spaced tables or the bar inside the main dining room or in a mezzanine area outside the dining room (but still inside the hotel). Service is warmly friendly and very professional.

The dinner menu is a single page that covers popular options for all tastes. I was particularly taken with the seared octopus and the pan-seared mahi-mahi, the the roast chicken is also very good, as is the salmon. There is a short but well-chosen list of wines by the glass and an medium-sized but impressive wine list of full bottles available in addition to all the usual bar expectations.

Bar Margot also has a very good though rather pricey breakfast menu and full lunch service. It's a fine place and I look forward to going back.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Lyn_Farmer
Write a reviewReviews (98)

Reviewed 2 March 2021

We celebrated my daughter 21st birthday today at Bar Margot located in the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, and I have to say, "it was nothing short of amazing". They honored every single request that I made and went above and beyond to make this day special for her, including offering food choices for us to accommodate diet restrictions. Honestly, the entire management team represented the Marriott brand in a way that I've grown to expect, especially Sherrie. But, I have to give a special thanks to Andrew, our bar tender, and server. He was so attentive to my daughter and shared his knowledge appropriately so that she could make the best choices for her. His candor was refreshing, and sincere, which makes all the difference. Bar Margot is lucky to have him. I would come back again, just to dine with him.

An establishment can have the name, the prestige and all the bells and whistles, but its special people like him, and the management team that we will remember most.

Wonderful job, Bar Margot!

Date of visit: March 2021
Ashley, Marketing at Bar Margot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

We are overjoyed to hear your daughter's 21st birthday was nothing short of amazing! It's our most sincere pleasure to deliver an exceptional experience for our guests, so we're delighted your time with us will be forever remembered as such. We'll share your praise of Andrew with him; we're certain he will be humbled at the recognition. Wishing you and yours all the best! We hope to welcome you, again, to Bar Margot!

Reviewed 1 February 2021 via mobile

My brother and I dined here for the Sunday brunch buffet.

This was a late birthday treat for me as my 53rd was on January 21st.

The dining space spans the inner bar area as well as the balcony area facing 14th street. The bar area is darker and cozy while the balcony area receives more light from the large windows.

We chose to dine in the bar area at a booth.

Plexiglass partitions are installed in the seating areas. The buffet is no longer self service but served for patrons by friendly staff with the food protected behind the plexiglass.

The food stations surround the balcony and grand staircase area.

The food was all high quality and presentation was beautiful. Selection is reduced due to COVID however it is not an issue since it allows the staff to execute the food to perfection.

I visited the omelette station and had a veggie omelette. I also had the French toast with the berry compote and whipped cream and real maple syrup. Roasted potatoes were served on the side.

My brother also had the French toast with the compote. He visited the taco station and sampled three varieties prepared with his choice of fillings.

We sampled three of the house made desserts. I especially loved that the portion sizes were small which allowed us to share and sample. The taste and quality of the creme brûlée, the chocolate tart and the miniature parfait with dark cherries were incredible.

We enjoyed our cappuccinos and ended the meal with a fun cocktail that featured a mango sorbet popsicle presented in a wide brimmed glass with a bouquet of cotton candy and then champagne was poured over it. It sounds crazy but tasted incredible.

The food, both savory and sweet, is consistently high quality and unique. The pastry staff is amazing and presented me with a box of their artisan chocolates.

Our servers were friendly and timely.

I highly recommend this restaurant located in the Four Seasons hotel in midtown Atlanta!!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 4 November 2019

We were staying at the Four Seasons so we shared a delicious pulled pork sandwich for lunch the day we arrived. We also had dinner there that evening. My husband had wonderful oysters and me french onion soup that was so good. Their housemade pasta is not to be missed. Papardelle with chanterelle mushrooms and madeira parmesan that melted in your mouth. My husband had campanelle with short rib meat and a delicious red sauce that was also outstanding. Everything on the menu sounded great. Service was excellent as well.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 12 June 2019 via mobile

Was visiting from out of town, and was looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my friend’s 40th birthday. Bar Margot came highly recommended and I now understand why. We made reservations for 9:30 and were seated right away. There was a DJ playing music, but not blaring so that we could not have dinner conversation. Our waiter Came to our table almost immediately and took our drink orders. He was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu making recommendations. Its really a bar with a few small tables but great ambience. The food was excellent, from our apps, drinks to dessert. I absolutely looooved this place and we had a wonderful night celebrating here. Reservations are recommended and the DJ is there on Fridays n Saturdays until 2. Apparently Charles Barkley lives at the Four Seasons (where the restaurant is) so it is high likely he will be sighted at the bar.
All in all Bar Margot is 5 stars on everything: ambience, food, drinks and most importantly service!!

Date of visit: June 2019