“Little hike, little spring”

Cascade Springs Nature Preserve
Reviewed 14 April 2017

When I was here, the spring was not flowing but weeping. A nice trail anyway, you can go there with children and family, nice nature preserve in the SouthWest of Atlanta.

All reviews
"uphill"
"park"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Great adventure to enjoy with my niece and her family which includes my 8 year old great nephew. He was like a goat scaling the high rocks and waterfalls. What a beautiful and peaceful, lovely place. We had no trail issues. We did the switchback on the Ridge Trail and ended up at Utoy Creek. Went today on Saturday. Got there at 10am and lots of people and felt safe. I grew up in this area more years than I care to admit. So nice to come back and visit this nostalgic haven. Highly recommend. Next time we will bring a picnic lunch and yes...we will be back. Don't miss this Atlanta gem.

2  Thank queenie654
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Visited this small but lovely nature preserve couple of weeks ago when in Atlanta (end of January). It’s located along a main road and within a residential area - there’s signs for it, can’t miss it. There’s plenty parking and 3-4 trails through a beautiful forest and along a small creek (was quite dry in the middle of winter). We took the short 0.5 mile Spring Trail to the tiny but pretty waterfalls and then went up the hill (Ridge Trail) and finally back to the parking lot along the creek (Utoy Creek Trail). The path was clear to follow and not challenging in any way, would be good and comfortable for any level of fitness; also any comfy sports shoes will do, probably no need for hiking shoes unless it’s raining etc. Altogether a very pleasant 30 minute or so walk, highly recommended to all. There’s a trail map at the entrance and it’s free to enjoy.

2  Thank Justine28
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Be very careful if you go to this park... Our window was smashed and items were stolen from our car. We called the police and they told us it was very common. Officer said he would have told us not to leave the car unattended to if he had seen us! Beware!!! Find somewhere else to walk!!!

11  Thank Pjvantravel
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I just checked this place out after previously living nearby for 10 years without doing so. The trails are great and in great shape, but they do need more signs—or better—color-coded blazes and some "you are here" maps at intersections. We ended up on a trail that took us to a power line right-of-way and I checked Google Maps on my phone and found we were just past the park trail system. That said, we just doubled back along the nice trail along the creek and found a turn we had missed and followed it. We ended up hitting almost all the trails in the park. Some have said some of the steeper trails (Ridge Trail) are not great for kids or people with limited experience. I disagree. I'm 46 and 350 lbs or so with plantar fasciitis and had no trouble other than needing to catch my breath on a couple big climbs. I do recommend hiking boots for the Ridge Trail unless you are experienced with hitting the trails. The initial trails to the falls and spring house and picnic areas are so smooth you could probably visit with a wheelchair though, just FYI. This is a nice area of Atlanta and I know some may have misgivings about the region, but I felt perfectly safe leaving my car in the lot and out on the trails. APD was patrolling through the lot as we left, in fact.

2  Thank AtlantaTrails