All reviewsgreat locationvalet parkinggt campusshuttle servicefootball stadiumcoca colacomplimentary shuttlewithin walking distancemile radiusfront desk staffdirectly across the streetcentennial parkthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastthe entire staffmarta stationbusiness trip
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown because my son was attending a baseball camp at Tech. I found nothing negative about this hotel - everything was great. The parking attendants we dealt with were friendly and courteous, the front desk attendant was nice and answered any questions we had. Breakfast was delicious - my kids loved the waffles, and my husband and I both liked the omelets. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable. There is a $20 charge for valet parking, and an initial charge of $15 in case of incidentals/you make purchases in the lobby store, but it gets credited back if you don't make extra purchases. All-in-all this was a great place to stay - the location is great if you need to be close to anything on campus, but close to other attractions as well. We will definitely stay here again if my son attends camp next year.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind review, as our staff takes great pride in making sure all of our guests are comfortable and feel at home.We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and look forward to seeing you next time you come to Atlanta.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We are very pleased with our stay at Hampton Inn! The shuttle service was terrific and every staff member was kind to us. The fitness room was small, but clean. Free breakfast was pretty good, with the waffles being a family favorite. Very convenient walk to Olympic Park and GA Tech.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed the accommodations. We are honored by your kind words, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Staff was very friendly. The hotel room is very average and we paid over $300/night with taxes and parking. Very noisy if your room faces North Avenue - college town traffic. Very slow internet that dropped all the time. Stayed there due to proximity to Ga Tech campus - not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting about your experience with the Hampton Inn Georgia Tech. It’s such a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay and had some memorable encounters with our staff members while benefiting from our great location. We hope that you will return for your next adventure in Atlanta. We will make sure that you stay on the other side of our building away from North Ave.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Nothing outstanding as far as physical facilities BUT the rooms were clean - some items were new. The beds were comfortable. Technology fairly up to date. The staff was very accommodating and sweet. The crime area it's in is a little sketchy but ok in the daylight. A little expensive for the quality but within walking distance from Ga Tech student center....can't beat that!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel! We are always open to receiving feedback from our guests, as it keeps us aware of the things we can improve upon. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

When we checked into the hotel we were told that we owed another $165 on top of the $180 we had already paid during booking. When we got to the room it was nothing special; just a basic room with a king size bed. After allowing my 1 year old to walk around and play, I noticed her feet were black. When I took my shoes off the carpet was sticky and gross. On top of everything else, we couldn't flush the toilet all night because it was clogged. their fitness room was alright but the treadmill was broken during my stay. The breakfast was wonderful. There were many options and my daughter who is a very picky eater actually ate a good bit. At checkout I asked the front desk how much we were charged for our room and she told me $400. That is a ridiculous price for what we got. if I had known that would be the cost I would have stayed at a Motel 6 or Super 8; the room would have been fairly comparable quality. Definitely did not live up to the reputation of the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Melissa W

Hello, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. It’s such a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay for the most part and we do apologize for the minor inconvenience you faced. We have checked our treadmill and did not find anything wrong with it. I am glad your daughter enjoyed our breakfast and we hope that you will return for your next adventure to Atlanta.