“forgotten gem in the neighborhood”
Review of Highland Tap

Highland Tap
Ranked #313 of 4,084 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Virginia Highland
Cross street: Virginia Ave.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I hadn't eaten here for many years. I had forgot about it. After going out to dinner I'm not sure why. Our food was really good. The service was good. The waitress was really friendly and sweet. I like that the vegetables come with the meat and you don't have to pay extra for the vegetables. The pie is also good. I noticed they have food specials every night of the week. I will be back.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived as the kitchen opened at four. Delightful service, delicious fish and ribs. Good bar selection. Interesting location in basement of historic building in the middle of Virginia Highlands. Would definitely come again.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

It is rare that when all seven of us liked every dish we ordered. Highland Tap has a tradition of serving quality food. The martinis were excellent, the hamburgers were juiced and well cooked. My grouper sandwich was the best I ever had. The dessert was perfect.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I called to make anniversary arrangements. We hadn't been there for a while ,but remembered it as a romantic spot. I asked for a table in a little side room that has a fireplace, but was told because it was a weeknight that room wouldn't normally be open but they would check and call me back the next night at 5;30 and let me know. At 5:32 the next evening they called to tell me they would open the room for us. It's no wonder the Highland Tap has been open and bustling for so long. The food was great and the service was excellent . Thanks a lot to everyone involved.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Finding this little restaurant in Highland (20 mins drive from Buckhead) was great. Valet parking to the rear this restaurant offered a great and varied menu of steaks and fish. There appeared to be many regulars present when we visited which was reassuring. Steaks vary from $22 -$38 , which is fairly typical and the sirloin was perfect at medium rare. Cocktails and a large selection of beers this is a great location for that after office wind down.

Been to Highland Tap? Share your experiences!