“What They Do, They do Well”

Nino's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nino's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #401 of 4,148 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
Cross street: Melbourne
Description: Nino's, opened in 1968, has been owned and operated by Antonio Noviello since 1982. Originally from the Amalfi Coast of southern Italy, Antonio worked in Monte Carlo, then Bermuda where he met his wife Helen, an Atlanta resident. After moving to Atlanta in 1981, Antonio's life-long dream of owning his own restaurant became a reality when he purchased Nino's. For more than twenty years, Antonio has taken pride in serving authentic Italian Cuisine made with fresh, imported ingredients and cooked to order for each guest. His reputation for serving exceptional Italian cuisine has attracted devoted locals who return time and again, along with a long list of celebrities (see below) who had heard of Nino's reputation and stopped in to sample the fare. Many of the dishes on Nino's menu are original recipes brought from Italy by Antonio and his brother Giuseppe. Antonio invites you to relax and savor some of the great culinary treasures of Italy in a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 23 June 2018

The food is absolutely fine - very solid. I had the Veal Saltimboca, my friend had the fish and the other friend had the Lasagna. All of it was solid p the veal was very tender and they did it correctly with prosciutto and fresh sage. The fish was cooked perfectly and had a lot of flavor that wasn't covered up by too much sauce or other vegetables. The drinks were well made and the house Pinot Grigio was top notch. Service was fine - an awful lot of waiters though that just stood around. We had to wait for our guy to get extra butter, bread, etc. He seemed to be the only one busy. Desserts were well made and absolutely delicious. My one crtique is a big one for me - I ordered Cappelini (Angel Hair) and specifically said "al dente," It came out overcooked and mushy - I hate mushy pasta! No problem going back though.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My wife and I lived in Decatur for 5 years, during which time we attended Nino's maybe a half dozen times. Just a short drive away, it was our "special occasion" favorite for Italian cuisine! Service, atmosphere, wine... Oh, and the FOOD!! We recently moved away for career changes, but will surely be back to visit. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Waitress asks : flat or sparkling water ? I answer : large Pellegrino with lime please. She proceeds to give me the wine list to show her which wine I was talking about.
4 pieces of complimentary bruschetta, sub par, which don’t have a purpose. Warm baguette with butter was excellent.
Caprese was unacceptable. Quality of tomato was terrible, mozzarella was ok. 3 pieces of small,uneven slices badly cut.
Scampi fra diavolo for 28$ was unacceptableas well. Over cooked shrimp tasteless, pasta al dente correct but precooked and no flavor, the sauce and the pasta had not blended together.
Capella scampi in light cream was average. Nothing to talk about.
If this place wants to stay in business, some updates are needed. Everything is Extremely dated.. in urgent need of something.

Thank I. M
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We had dinner at Nino’s last Saturday evening and we loved the food and the experience. It felt like an old school Italian restaurant in all the right ways. A plus right off the bat is they have a parking lot so no valet necessary. They have a small bar area inside you can have a cocktail at before dinner but we opted to go straight into dinner. We had a drink after dinner at the bar and the service there was very good too.
The restaurant just feels classic and fun. Our waiter was excellent with great suggestions on food and beverages.
We started with an Antipasto plate that seemed quite affordable for what we got. I would highly recommend it as a started. We enjoyed the basic cesare salad and it was quite good as well. So many of the pastas look good but I ended up going with the Orecchiette Con Salsicce Rapini. The little sausage filled shells were great. I would highly recommend that dish. My wife got the chicken parmesan dish really enjoyed that too.
The beer list was okay. I would have enjoyed a couple more craft beer options but the wine list seemed very good. We both enjoyed a couple glasses of wine that evening that went very well with our meal.
I’m sad it took me this long to visit Nino’s. It was a fun experience filled with great food.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We were disappointed to experience poor food for the first time in many years. Many “changes” as we were told. Obviously, they’ve cutback on quality. Service was very unprofessional. Going elsewhere next time. Shame. Used to be very good! No longer.