“excellent food”

Mary Mac's Tea Room
Ranked #48 of 4,069 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Now this is what I consider to be an Authentic Soul Food restaurant!!! In being from Mississippi, I grew up eating my grandmother's fresh collard greens and black eyed peas straight from her garden and there was nothing more satisfying than fresh, authentic soul food prepared to perfection. Mary Mac's reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen... the food was delectable and the Pot Likker was to die for!! My first visit was a memorable one minus the parking and wait time. Now I know to never visit on a Sunday after church unless I don't mind waiting 30-50 minutes to be seated and to receive my order. Also, there's not much parking at all but it was ALL worth the wait. The staff is friendly, the prices are reasonable and the food was great. In addition to there being so many meal options to choose from, the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming, which I loved! I would highly recommend Mary Mac's to anyone who desires a good, old-fashioned Sunday Family Dinner. Mary Mac's & SOUL Food... like PB&J, they just go together!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,169)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went on a Saturday afternoon n had no problem getting in. We had a ton of people tell us this is a must stop. I had the fried chicken with Mac n Cheese. The fried chicken was good but not anything great. The Mac N Cheese was watery n had too much egg in it. I sampled my friends meals n I was not impressed. We had sweet Georgia Juke Joint the day before n was way better. Check out the place cause it’s famous but food is just OK.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just had to stop by before leaving Georgia for some homemade peach cobbler. It was delicious! The place was small but cozy. We got our cobbler on the way to the airport- but next time we will definitely be dining there. The locals said they also have the best fried chicken too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mary Macs Tea Room is a must visit for truly fine southern home cooking. Be sure to have the peach tea, and save room for dessert. No bad choices here! Be sure to go early or expect a long wait; and park in their parking lot behind the building. Delicious!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nothing special about the restaurant itself. It’s dated but has lots of history. Our server was attentive and comical.

Fried pork chops okra black eyed peas. Was almost like grandma made. Excellent corn bread. And great fire chicken. Be prepared for a wait. However it is worth the wait. Full bar

Been to Mary Mac's Tea Room? Share your experiences!