“Great place for great food”
Review of Java Jive

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Virginia Highland
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted three things for breakfast: eggs, grits, and a biscuit. Java Jive was THE place to go. Although I didn't get coffee this time, I can vouch for how good their lattes are. The biscuits are HUGE and delicious. The eggs and grits were cooked just right. And the fresh-squeezed orange juice is to die for. One of my favorite breakfast joints.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Run by a husband and wife this place is always great. Fantastic and unique omelettes and excellent waffles and pancakes. Very bohemian crowd that makes me feel like I am in San francisco

1  Thank L2858MAmartinn
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't classify Java Jive as expensive but I do think their prices are higher than average for what you get. Our breakfast bill was $30 + tip for two adults and a child.
Food is OK, average. (Not up there with Ria's Bluebird Cafe)
Parking lot is really tight.
They don't accept credit cards. Cash only.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This place wasn't the worst place for breakfast but it's not award winning either. It's very old and retro inside. The food was ok but they so not serve you enough food for your money. Also the AC seemed like it was broken so that made it pretty uncomfortable. I probably wouldn't choose this place again.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

First visit here and we loved it. Cool, retro look and feel. We were seated and served immediately. Food came out hot and fast and was excellent. The goat cheese egg scramble special was excellent. Their coffee is good and strong and they keep it coming also. Very happy that we found a great breakfast spot here! This is a CASH only restaurant FYI.

Been to Java Jive? Share your experiences!