“Great for Easter meal!”

Sun Dial Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sun Dial Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 4,114 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Peachtree and Andrew Young
Description: Standing 723 feet above Peachtree Street, The Sun Dial is Atlanta's only tri-level dining complex offering panoramic views of the city's skyline. Diners enjoy seasonal contemporary-American dishes inspired by local ingredients. With spectacular views, tantalizing menus, and live jazz to create the perfect ambiance, The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View truly is the ultimate Atlanta dining experience.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I made reservations through Open Table for Easter brunch weeks in advance. SunDial called me the day before to confirm. The views are amazing and worth it all, in my opinion. We were treated with complimentary banana nut and chocolate muffins (the chocolate muffins were basically a dessert!). Our menu was more of a brunch menu, which we were fine with because it was 11:30 on Easter Sunday. There were plenty of options. Your parking is validated if you spend at least $75 at the restaurant. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Kudos to Anne, our server. She offered wonderful descriptions of the items on the menu. She catered to our every need. She was superb! She was top notch and truly went out of her way to make our family celebration special.
However, the food was good but not great for the price. The chicken wasn’t juicy, it was borderline dry. The side dish with the chicken was good. The cornbread with it, fine. The honey/chili drizzle, not good. For $38, I want my meal (a chicken dish!) to be sublime, or at the very least, great! I tasted my husband’s NY Sirloin. It was perfectly cooked and grilled nicely. The pork dish didn’t live up to expectations. The desserts were beautifully presented, but I’ve eaten much richer, creamier creme brûlée elsewhere. My hazelnut dessert was so pretty and I liked it. The Caesar salad really was the best thing I tasted the whole evening. Very good. The chef makes a special creamy cheese combination for the plate and his dressing is delicious.
Our experience was fun (Thank you Anne!), some of the food was good. We enjoyed our family time together and the beautiful views of the city. But, unless I hear Sun Dial updates its whole vibe (it feels a bit outdated) and gets a new chef, I won’t be back. The menu is too hit or miss.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a VERY high priced restaurant that falls very short on the quality of food. Six of us went for dinner for birthday celebration. Our server (Ann) was very entertaining and is very experienced. I had the pork chop that was way over cooked even though I ordered medium. Serviced with mushy black potatoes and very ordinary braised cabbage along with a very sweet. My daughter had the chicken dish which she reported as disgusting. Only the bread and caesar salads were good and desserts looked good. Never again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the Westin one night and had other dinner plans but there was a brief rain shower and it was cold so we decided not to venture out and tried their roof top restaurant the Sun Dial instead. I’m so glad we did! Not only was the view fabulous but so was the food. Hands down one of the best Caesar salads my husband ever had. And the short ribs & risotto were perfect. I am gluten free and Kim, our waiter, was extremely helpful and made sure I wasn’t cross-contaminated (a big risk eating out). They do have an “interesting” rule- we originally wanted to eat in the bar since we weren’t very hungry. Being gluten free, my choices were very limited on the bar menu. I wanted the GF soup from the restaurant. They wouldn’t accommodate me, even with my gluten allergy, so we had to eat in the restaurant. They have a strange rule there- each person is required to order an entree. So I was still unable to get the soup I wanted, as I wasn’t hungry enough to eat both the soup and an entree. If my husband an I split a plate, it was an additional $12 charge and if you substituted a side, an additional $7 charge! We travel a lot and live in Chicago and I’ve rarely, if ever, have encountered a restaurant so unwilling to please their customers or budge on their set rules. Either way, I’m still giving it 5 stars because of Kim our waiter, their clearly marked GF items on the menu and their truly fabulous food & view.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The food was awesome!! Our server was full of information for us. Wonderful service. I highly recommend the iced tea. It was amazing. Never had any better!! The lunch menu is very good. My party had the Sun Dial Burger, which was loved, Chicken Salad ... had grapes & candied pecans... on spinach wrap was wonderful, and a great Blackened Trout on grits which was to die for. Food items were a little pricey but worth it for the taste, ambiance and free 3 hour valet parking. Be sure to get your parking ticket validated.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member