“Nice Quiet, Tasty Dinner”

Top Spice Thai & Malaysian
Ranked #772 of 4,304 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with a business colleague this week for dinner at Top Spice. It wasn’t terribly busy when we arrived (7 pm). We were seated immediately and the waiter was very nice and answered my questions regarding the menu easily. We ordered the vegetable samosas for an appetizer and they were quite good. The spicy sauce that they were served with was surprisingly different than I am used to, but quite pleasantly so. I had Panang curry chicken with jasmine rice for dinner. I had ordered it a bit spicier than regular (4 out of 10) after talking about this with the waiter, and the level of spice was perfect for me. The bell peppers (red and green) in the dish were very fresh and perfectly cooked, as was the chicken. Service throughout the meal was excellent. Based on this being my only experience, I would definitely recommend Top Spice. I should add that the actual restaurant was a bit harder to find than some, as it is tucked in the back corner of a strip shopping center. But, it was worth looking for.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Three of us came all the way from Johns Creek to eat here on a recommendation. Alas, it was for nought. The food is ordinary, the service uninspired, and the ambience dim and uninviting. Every dish we ordered was bland and without any hint of the Thai spices one is accustomed to. A giant disappointment for me :-(

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We have eaten here a nu,mber of times over the past few years. Always good Thai food, with the spiciness you ask for.
I almnost always order the Thai Beef Salad (Nur Nom Tuk), which is always excellent.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Service was slow and there were only 3 tables being occupied in the entire restaurant.

The food was more tasteless, and expensive.

Needless to say I’ve had way better.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

It was a cold night and this was close by. Parking lot is a pain to maneuver in. Restaurant was empty but they seemed to do a large take out. The coconut curry soup was excellent, but I found the food bland. Pork in my pad Thai was rather hard than soft.