“Easter Brunch!”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 4,086 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Virginia Highland
Cross street: North Highland Ave
Description: Murphy’s is loved as one of Atlanta’s best restaurants and has been for more than 35 years. Located in the heart of stylish Virginia Highland, Murphy’s is the long-standing hub of neighborhood camaraderie and the choice destination for visitors seeking the best of the district’s dining and nightlife. Tom Murphy’s acclaimed restaurant brings in the crowds with the perfect combination of upscale comfort food, gracious service, a cozy setting, and excellent value. The Atlanta Journal Constitution in a 2016 review said... "Considering the seasonality and execution coming from the kitchen; beverages — wine, in particular — that attempt to match the food in quality and offering; service that is both proficient and pleasant; and a space with so many nooks and crannies that it’s hard to say which is the best seat in the house (it depends on why you’re there), when I take a seat at Murphy’s I am getting a lot for a reasonable price, and far better than any other “neighborhood” restaurant."
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Came here for brunch on Easter Sunday with my g/f, and was not disappointed. Make a reservation, as it gets crowded on the weekends. Parking is valet, or self-parking on the curb on the street. We sat at the bar to avoid a 45 minute wait, and it was so worth it. She had the Egg Slum Mulligan, and it was really good with the Rosemary Mule. I had the Blueberry mimosa, and paired it with the Hazelnut-crusted French Toast & eggs Santa Fe. They give you complimentary lemon and mixed fruit muffins to enjoy while you wait for your meals. Those muffins were amazing!

The portions are generous here, so the eggs Santa Fe could've been enough on its own, but the french toast was phenomenal(which we shared). For the quality of food, the prices are very reasonable, and your food comes out very quick. We were enjoying our muffins for literally 2-3 minutes before our entrees came out of the kitchen. Their wine collection is surprisingly expansive for a "neighborhood restaurant", and we tried some of the wine, and it was also very enjoyable. I'd recommend this place for brunch, dinner, whatever meal you want to have here. Service was top notch. I'll be back

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food was good and the service was friendly. The section of food was different but everything we had very good taste and the staff was on top of it. I would go back.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We went early on a Saturday for brunch--surprisingly empty but we were glad since we had to be out of there fairly quickly. When I called they said it's really crowded late morning. Coffees, waffle and entrees were all delicious, server very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Six of us took my 23 year old for a birthday brunch and it was my first time here. Very little parking, but the valet was only $2 plus a tip and the wait was about 45 minutes at 2pm, which wasn't bad. Our server was very slow, but knowledgeable and cordial met all our needs. The restaurant ambiance was nice and everyone really enjoyed their mimosas and food. I will definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We stopped by on a whim for dinner and loved our meal and service! We both had the tortilla soup and brisket, and would highly recommend them. We were seated and out the door within an hour- it was very efficient service. The only con would be valet parking (reasonably priced) is limited, so go early or look for street parking on your way there. We will be back!

Been to Murphy's? Share your experiences!