“Good Mexican food for Atlanta”
Review of Escorpion

Escorpion
Ranked #198 of 4,132 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Escorpion is a regionally inspired Mexican tequila bar and cantina from chef-owner Riccardo Ullio, capturing the authentic tastes and ingredients indigenous of Mexico. Constructed in a completely redesigned 5,800 square-foot-space anchoring the corner of 5th and Peachtree Streets, Escorpion serves food and drink menus rooted in Mexican flavors and culture.
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I was born in Texas so my standards for Tex-Mex are high. Escorpion is good, better than most in Atlanta.
Excellent Chile Relleno.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We paid money as part of the The Atlanta Taco Crawl! We showed up and the manager told us they had reservations and did not have a server for us! Horrible and will never visit here again!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Had some great cheese enchiladas - my personal test of a Mexican restaurant. It's a simple dish that's easily flubbed by most. Theirs were tasty and spicy. Rice and beans similarly well prepared. Service was very good. Only downside is there is a bar in the same space and people there were too noisy.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Good food, friendly staff and cool place with Mexican stuff on the walls. Great if you like Mexican.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Gave this place a try one night. It is a loud place which makes it hard to visit. The service was chaotic. Had three different people take our initial drink order and then two different people handle the bill.

My wife ordered the fish tacos and they were horrible. The worst I have ever tried. She did not eat them. They had a nasty fishy taste. I almost spit out the one bite I tried.

I ordered the carne asada tacos which were flavorless. They were tender but zero flavor. The beans were the best part of the meal.

Poor service, loud atmosphere, and terrible food. We won't be back.

Been to Escorpion? Share your experiences!