“Fresh and Tasty Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Went for lunch around 1:30 pm and there was no line so we were seated immediately. I had two carne asada tacos and my son had the lunch special of 2 tacos, beans and rice. We enjoyed everything from the chips and salsa to the hand made tortillas for the tacos. The food is very good and it's also inexpensive. Lunch specials are inexpensive but the regular menu items are mid-range. There's lots of free parking. Service is excellent. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

This is by far the best mexican restaurant in all Atlanta. Food is great, original, margaritas excellent and service very good.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We went to El Rey del Taco and had a good cheap lunch. The Día del Muerto decorations are spectacular. My daughter's lunch fajitas were perfect for $8 with a soda. My queso fundido was good but not melted.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped in here last week for a quick lunch. The line was out the door around 11:45, but moved quick as we ordered in about 10 minutes. The food came out within another 10 minutes. I ordered the Memphis soft taco and the Cartina soft taco. Both tacos were great and inexpensive. Tacos are about $2.59 each. I also had a sweet tea and chips and queso for the order.
Place is great for lunch or dinner. I would definitely recommend going.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Several friends mentioned this restaurant. I happened by at lunch time so I swung in. The food was good and the prices fair. They give you several sauces and salsa and chips upon arrival. The pink looking sauce is HOT!!! The green sauce has avocado in it and it was awesome!

Been to El Rey del Taco? Share your experiences!