“No way cheesesteak do not taste like Philly”

Big Dave's Cheesesteaks
Get food delivered
Ranked #103 of 351 Quick Bites in Atlanta
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Description: 2018 World Food Championships Sandwich Division top 10 Finish. Best Cheesesteak in Atlanta, Best Cheesesteak in the USA, Best Cheesesteak in the World.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well worst sandwich I had in Georgia I'm from Philly this suppose to be cheesesteak was very disrespectful to my city it should impeached like Donald Trump lol no seasoning they don't put mayo on the roll they give you mayo packet the roll was not a Philly roll and if your Philly you what im talking about got a 6inch and paid for a 12inch lol very disappointing and disrespectful no I will not be eating there NO MO as yall say down here in the south

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 8 January 2021

Wow! Huge thanks to Big Dave's Cheesesteak for amazing food, great customer service, quick cometiin and all while being super safe for COVID-19!
It did seems that put Dave's Way Cheesesteak and the Salmon Cheesesteak were a little smaller today. :-/
But still so delicious!

HIG3E THANKS FOR THE FANTASTIC REFERRAL FROM @APinchofButter

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

I was pleasantly impressed with the salmon cheesesteak!! I never had a salmon cheesesteak & this was the best salmon sandwich I’ve ever had. I was concerned that it would be dry, but it wasn’t. Sauce was bomb. Seasoning was bomb. Fries were bomb. Just delicious.

As a customer, a few things to consider:

1. Prepare to wait. Granted, I didn’t wait long. I placed my order at 2:40pm & received my food at 3:30pm. Compared to other black owned businesses I’ve waited for, one hour isn’t bad. Either way, the food is worth the wait.

2. The location is downtown, meaning, no lot parking. You will need to find & pay for street parking.

3. Just by observing & listening to the staff explain to customers over and over again, placing online orders, does not guarantee “jumping the wait line”. You will have to wait & sometimes that mean even longer. The online ordering service allows the staff 30mins to receive the order — when your order is received, you are placed next in line. So if there’s 35 people ahead of you, you are 36 & you will have to wait until your number is called. It’s first come, first served whether you order online or in person. In my opinion, you are better off coming in person. I am not sure if you are notified when your order is ready by placing online, but the staff were calling numbers outside for anyone that ordered online or in person. So, you would need to be there to hear your number.

4. Due to COVID-19, dine-in services are closed. You will need to pay, wait, then leave once you receive your order.

My only suggestion:

It would be helpful if there was an electronic way to let customers know their order is ready. Maybe like a text. 1) it gives the option for the customer to leave & not linger around. 2) it provides space for new customers to place their order & for it not to be so crowded outside of the restaurant. 3) customers can avoid homeless people begging for money. 4) less people around waiting, can eliminate the chance of catching COVID-19, because no one was 6 feet apart while waiting & people were smoking & sharing.

I plan to return, because I want to try more off the menu. I am hoping to try the new location in Doraville when it opens.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

I can't say enough about Big Dave's. Literally the best philly I've ever eaten. I decided on the salmon cheesesteak Dave's way. Delicious huge serving - more than enough for one meal. However, it was so good and I couldnt stop eating. Definitely going back!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Cenina S
Reviewed 23 September 2020

Big Dave's brings BIG cheesesteaks with BIG flavor in a BIG way!

Your experience will consist of a wait time. There are 2 lines: order and pickup. I arrived approximately 5 minutes prior to opening on a Saturday. There was about 15 people ahead in line. Temperature checks are performed during the wait prior to entering the restaurant to place order. Everyone is respectful of practicing social distance while in line. The line is not quick. The order line took about 30 minutes. Once orders are placed, customers wait in the food pick up line, which takes about 10 minutes.

The staff is extremely cordial and professional. I had a slight medical emergency while waiting in the order line and the staff was more than accommodating to assist. I can tell the owner definitely instills quality in the product as well as customer service in the employees.

My order consisted of a regular beef cheesesteak and fries. The sandwich was packed with ingredients and flavor. My sandwich was hot and tasted fresh off the grill. The seasoning used on the fries and sandwich has a tad too much seasoning salt but it doesn't ruin the delicious taste AT ALL. The bread was soft without being soggy. The fries have a slight garlic seasoning, which eliminates any need for ketchup.

I enjoyed my food at Big Dave's and will return. I encourage readers to visit. It is a great alternative to downtown Atlanta dining in a central location, convenient to pick up a bite to eat while spending time downtown before or after the many events always happening (once COVID is behind us). Next time I will definitely get the water ice to enjoy during my wait time in the pick up line.

Date of visit: September 2020