Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Hotels
Booking.comUS$139
Hotels.comUS$135
Agoda.comUS$139
1,243 results
All reviews the concierge lounge convention center self park valet parking front desk staff broad street excellent customer service valet service starbucks lobby conference downtown garage bellman race properties
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

We just returned from a three night stay and are thrilled to be home. The hotel was jammed with wall to wall people; people mostly without masks, as they were eating or drinking. The hotel was being used by non-guests as their holding area before going to the convention center for a cheer competition. Every hallway, couch, chair and floor was littered with people on the main floor. The management eventually started to ask those entering the hotel for proof of stay (show your room key), however it was too little, too late and only lasted half a day. As paying guests, we were forced to hole up in our non AC room that never got below 74, and couldn’t find a social distanced area in the lobby to use. As a Marriott member, this was completely unacceptable. I would think twice about staying here until there is herd immunity!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Michele P
Neil Buffington, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Michele P,
Thank your posting a review on Tripadvisor. You are correct this past weekend was extremely busy due to a National Indoor Field Hockey Tournament at the Richmond Convention Center. We did have a problem with our guests inviting other team members to the hotel to stage before the tournament. The Richmond CC was not allowing their event attendees to enter their building until 5 minutes before there game. When hotel staff realized this we posted security at the entrances. We will have the entrances monitored during future Richmond CC events.

Reviewed 1 March 2021

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. The hotel was completely booked due to field hockey competitions and cheer competitions at the convention center. There were long lines to get on the elevator- not due to limited capacity/COVID. Folks were filling the elevators because otherwise the waits were too long. In addition, the only coffee to be had was in the Starbucks-- the line was always at least 30 minutes. Ridiculous the hotel didn't have free coffee stations for guests. That said, the Starbucks staff were outstanding. The valets also did a great job considering what they were working with- it was clear they were ill prepared for a full hotel. They should re think their capacity abilities. The walls are also quite thin. I could hear my neighbors talking on the phone and could hear them open and close their blinds.

Room tip: Low floor so you can take the stairs on a crowded weekend
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Nicole D

Greetings Nicole D,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry for the long lines at the elevator as the field hockey teams were on the same schedule. I am sorry we do not give free coffee we encourage our guests to use Starbucks. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the Starbucks and Valet team! We look forward to your early return.

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and nice inside, but the staff is very unfriendly and rude. I ordered room service for the food they offer. They told me it would be about 30 minutes, I went down there after 30 mins and the lady told me they didn’t ring in my order. The lady was rude about the situation that they messed up! I will not return to this hotel again. I did not feel welcomed at all. very unsatisfied.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 822kaitlynj
Sunil Sharma, Other at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2021

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Richmond Marriott and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

The stay at the hotel was pleasant. I enjoyed the newly updated room. I especially want to give a shout out to all of the valet parking attendants, especially the one named Joe. I was there on conference for six days and went out each evening for dinner which required me getting my car from the garage. Each time I called from my room to request my car, it was waiting for me when I came down to the lobby. Not to mention, Joe and another valet even went to my car on day one to bring up the luggage I didn't bring in on arrival because I was running late for my conference. A plus for the valet service at the Marriott Richmond.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Neil Buffington, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Greetings jennifersI2647YQ,
Thank you for taking the time to review the newly renovated Richmond Marriott. We are super excited you had a wonderful stay and look forward to your early return. I will make sure to pass your kind comments on to the Valet Team.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 12 December 2020

The hotel was lovely and the staff was friendly during my 5-day stay. However, I was very disappointed to learn there were no microwaves in the rooms. This is the first hotel I've visited (even during the pandemic) that didn't have microwaves in the rooms. There were refrigerators, however.

The hotel did offer coffee/hot water in the lobby daily until noon. However, the "hot" water was tepid every time (I'm a tea drinker). I also don't understand why the coffee/hot water wasn't available all day since we had no way to heat food or water in our rooms.

When I first asked about the microwaves, the front desk staff graciously offered to heat items for guests. I took advantage of this once, with a mug of water for an evening cup of tea. It took five minutes to heat (she apologetically told me their microwave was archaic), and the water was still tepid.

I wanted to self-isolate, but the lack of an accommodation as simple as a microwave made that difficult and costly. I was very disappointed, and this issue is enough to keep me from staying with them again.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank treykagirl
Neil Buffington, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2020

treykagirl,
Thank you for taking time to review the Richmond Marriott Downtown. Sorry we do not have microwaves in our guest rooms yet I am happy to see our staff were able to accommodate you. We have replaced the microwave in our public space to ensure it heats properly. Our new Starbucks will be operational in a few weeks which all of our guests will be able to enjoy.