Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2019

The bed was very comfortable. The room was quiet and spacious. The bathroom was clean as was kitchen. I couldn't hear other guests. The kitchen was good, I was able to make a few meals while there which was helpful. Was a good base for some exploring and filming I was doing around the area. I visited Fosslaug natural hot pool near the waterfall which was fun. Not super hot in winter, but warm and fun nonetheless. The bakery across the road is awesome. There is a second hand camera shop next door well worth a look if you're a photographer/artist!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

A really friendly, well run little place easy to find. Clean, cosy and warm.

Pleasant shared facilities and with a few local eateries around it all went to do exactly as expected.

Off the beaten track too!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vala M, Manager at Puffin Palace Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Hi Gizago,
Thank you so much for your positive review! It means a lot to me to get good reviews and I try to keep my little guesthouse updated and clean.
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip here in Iceland.
Best regards, Vala

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Located in the city center, this Guesthouse is clean and comfortable. Rooms are basic but have no private bathroom. Shared bathroom is just outside the room. Only one bathroom but clean. There is no one to greet you when you arrive for check in but you call and they provide code for the lockbox to your room. Guesthouse is secure with a locked entry. Check in was a breeze. No breakfast is provided. There are several places nearby to get breakfast and lunch.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vala M, Owner at Puffin Palace Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Hi Albert,
Thank you very much for your positive review. I would like to use this opportunity to tell you (and anyone who will read this review ;) ) that we have added another bathroom, we have also done renovations in the old one and we are also offering breakfast in association with the local bakery (also on TA @Saudarkroksbakari).
Hope you will get a chance to see us again.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Clean, good beds and the kitchen had everything needed to make a full meal.
Make sure to sign the guest book!
The bathroom was clean and the water didn’t smell of sulfur like most places do!
The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was decent.

We would totally stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Andrea, sorry for the late response!
Thank you so much for your positive and descriptic review. I appreciate it very much. I take pride in having the guesthouse clean for my guests, and to have comfortable beds as my guests are often traveling long distances and need to be able to recharge in a good one night sleep.
Hope you enjoyed your time in Iceland and will make it back to us.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Firstly, the room we had was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. However, for me I had a number of issues: As I didn’t have a SIM card for Iceland, I didn’t get the notification regarding the key code/ keys. Instead of sending this information at least a day earlier via email they sent them to me only 3 hours before checkin hence we wandered around wondering how to get in. Luckily the girls in the florist shop helped by ringing. They said it happens regularly!
There are five bedrooms but only one bathroom which also had the only toilet! This caused a line up in the morning. But my biggest annoyance was the noise! Every time someone came out of their room they had to pull the door hard to shut it and the noise was constant. Those latches need to be changed! It was like being in a hollow log and someone hitting it with a hammer! Also there is a bump in the road right outside our room and every time a car went over it, the ’ga-thump’ reverberated in harmony with the opening and closing room doors!
I also can’t understand why the rooms in Iceland don’t have better window coverings to block out the light. Venetian blinds aren’t up for the job. I could still read my book the room was so light. Only one hotel we have stayed in Iceland has had good blockout drapes.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vala M, General Manager at Puffin Palace Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for your review.
It is great to hear that you liked the rooms, our new beds and that we take great pride in having our guesthouse very clean.

We are always looking to improve our accommodation to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible.

In order to improve we will take the following steps:
1.) Emails with information will be sent out as soon as possible for our guests (depends on when the option to charge guest for room opens up).
2.) We have ordered curtains that will fully block the windows from the light outside.

About the city noise we can not do much as we are in the center of town. but with thick curtains it will hopefully help.

We sincerely hope that your stay in Iceland was joyful and loaded with adventures and new experiences .)
Hope to have you stay here at Puffin Palace if you decide to come back to North Iceland.
Best regards,