All reviews no elevator close to the airport float plane shuttle service to the airport room was clean anchorage airport an older hotel fishing trip free continental breakfast free shuttle water pressure bit dated great place to stay convenient location piper hood alaska
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Stayed here for a couple of days while waiting to get my moto out of customs.
Place is OK but somewhat expensive considering what they offer. Staff wasnt overly friendly. Room was nice and clean, comfy bed and spacious. Bathroom also very clean. Breakfast was nice but expensive.
It's somewhat off the shot but theres some fast food joints in walking distance, not much else there.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Micheal D, Director of Sales at Coast International Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

We're sorry to hear that your last stay wasn't up to par with our standards. Please keep letting us know if you are having an issue and we will make sure to address it immediately. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were traveling from Florida to Alaska. Coast called to let me know I had double booked, saving us some extra money! Then I got sick and had to delay all our flights a day and again Coast was very accommodating and easily changed our reservation! They also had a freezer to use for our Florida Tuna we brought home.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. We’re glad we were able to provide a comfortable stay during your time in Anchorage and appreciated your patronage! We hope to see you again in the future and encourage you to visit our on-site restaurant, Pipers, for a more social, city-like environment!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is probably my 90th stay at the Coast. It works great for me, close to the airport, free shuttle, good breakfast, good people and all around a great values for the Anchorage area for sure. Great part as a frequent visitor I often get complimentary room upgrades!!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I arrived after traveling from the East Coast on a cold January night, hoping for a cozy room and a hot shower before my business meetings the next day. The front desk did not have my reservation made through an online booking website, even with my confirmation number. As it's the off season, they found a room. Once I got past the welcoming fire in the lobby it was all down hill. The hallways were dim, the carpet worn and dingy, and the floors felt like plywood underneath. When I got to my room, it was about 50 degrees inside. There was the equivalent of a space heater, which I turned on "high" and thought I'd take a shower to warm myself up faster. The shower pull handle would not come out. I walked back out the front desk and said my room was unusually cold and the shower would not work. A friendly young man walked back with me and, with brute force, managed to get the shower handle to pull out. He then walked over to the space heater and said, that it was up as high as it would go. After he departed, I tried to shower, but only scalding hot water would come out of the fixture. Now, I really started to look around at the ice on the inside of the windows, the absence of anything but shear curtains and the partially detached security bolt. The walls were paper thin and I could here folks above me and beside my room. I put a chair against the door and went to sleep. The only reason to give this hotel even one star is because the people working there seemed nice enough, offered me a lift to the airport, got me a coffee in the morning, etc. Don't stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy W
Brit B, Manager at Coast International Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback. While an apology will not alter your experience, please allow us to extend one with all sincerity that we did not meet all of your expectations during your stay. Your specific comments regarding your guest room have been shared with the management and housekeeping staff and will be taken to heart. We're pleased you found our staff nice. We do hope you'll allow us another opportunity to 'wow' you.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

The Coast is a bit dated , the bathrooms could use a good updating too. But the rooms are clean and the shuttle , staff, and Pipers restaurant bar is good food and fun . I will continue to stay at the Coast when traveling to and from work.

Room Tip: 170 is a good one , quiet and clean
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Brit B, Manager at Coast International Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review. Terry! We're delighted you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room. We're so glad you liked Pipers restaurant and thought the food was good. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.