“Best sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belltown
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

If you like sushi you must try Shiro’s.
What a treat to have gotten into such a popular place. Not a fantastic ambiance, but it didnt even matter! I don’t think I’ve had fresher fish anywhere but Japan. Not cheap, but worth the splurge.

Highlights: rainbow roll, sockeye nigiri, geoduck nigiri & green tea ice cream

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank dragonslayer12

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Loved the fish at this very reasonable restaurant in Seattle. We walked from our room at the Hyatt and the trip was worth it. I had the fabulous sashimi (white tuna, copper river salmon)--yum!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Our hotel concierge recommended Shiro's (thank you Westin Hotel!) and made the reservation for us. If you like Japanese food... just eat here. Don't look any further!! It is sort of small so a reservation might be needed. We ate later in the evening and the restaurant was full with people waiting for a table. Our server knew the menu very well and was able to help us chose a truly lovely meal. The sushi and nigiri were unbelievably fresh -- and delicious! We were not rushed -- even though people were waiting. The cost was entirely reasonable!

3  Thank Pioneer04467771251
Reviewed October 30, 2018

I read up on this place and wanted a solid Seattle sushi experience. Shiro's delivered for us. I would make a reservation. Saw a few people turned away. I was most impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the service (we were traveling with 2 sushi fan teenagers and we ended up ordering in a very unplanned way - our waitress was extremely accommodating). We like sushi but by no means are experts. We have been to what appear to be good sushi restaurants in a dozen US cities and this was up there with the better experiences. Everything seemed very clean.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Missed this restaurant in May and came back from California to try it on a rainy Saturday in Seattle.

The appetizers consisted of raw oyster(yummy), cooked eggplant with bonito shaving (good), the cooked salmon with mushroom and sauce (so,so), raw smoked fish (very tasty).

Next the sashimi, this included three pieces of tuna (ok), two pieces of salmon (average) and two pieces of bonito (really outstanding soft and sweet, uname.)

The pickled ginger was tender not too sweet and not too spicy. I ate it all, a rather big amount in a small bowl. Rated it one of the best I have had.

Next came the three things of cooked entree. One small piece of quite raw scallop, hidden in a blackish some what sweetish sauce with panko on top. Great presentation but the combination Raste is not the best. The two pieces of fried eel bind together with seaweed and large piece of bamboo shoot. The bamboo shoot was crispy and fresh. Not sure about the sweetish sauce dripped over it. The cod was written up in the NYTimes as one of the dishes to order and was amazing amazing. May be my piece is small and a bigger piece for the whole appetizer May have been better. Also have some sweet marinate on the outside. I was getting full and had to put the fish and the eel aside. These three items were not my favorite.

Then came the bonito soup with two crispy rice and potatoes cakes. Interesting.

Next came the sushi. There were 7 pieces. I ate one before I took the photo. There was geoduck, sweet shrimp with a fried head that I ate first, wild hamachi (though all hamachi was wild and this one has a red half to it), special mackerel in season, a perch?, toro chopped wrapped in seaweed and fish eggs wrapped in seaweed. The geoduck was great. The hamachi, and one of the white fish was very smooth going down. All the pieces were extremely fresh. The toro was the last piece I ate. Wonderful. Left a great taste with me. Uname.

Dessert was green tea ice cream with some dough wrapping, some strawberry sauce and two slides of strawberry. Great presentation. Would have been better just have a small scoop of ice cream. Or just leave the toro as my last taste in my mouth.

Tummy is very full, walked back to hotel in pouring rain.

1  Thank 607Lydial