“Same as original, but different ”

Pecos Pit Bar B Que
Ranked #917 of 4,433 Restaurants in Seattle
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had passed this location a few times before and had always wondered “Is this the same Pecos BBQ as the one in SoDo?” Short answer is yes, sort of. The menu at this location is more extensive and cosmopolitan in that there are items like the BBQ bowl not found at the original location. I tried the BBQ bowl cowboy style which consisted of beef brisket mild/medium, slaw, unbaked beans, purple onions and a good balance of mayo & vinegar. The amount of food overall was fair but the quantity of sauce & meat could have been better. There was a lot of energy amongst the employees which translated to getting the orders filled quickly. They passed out smoked ham samples to those of us waiting in line, which was very tasty. I still prefer the SoDo location for their food.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I just had the best brisket sandwich ever. So juicy, so tasty, so messy with fat dripping down my chin. Sooo good. The have pork and ribs and chicken too. Chili and Frito pie are tasty too. Gotta have it.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I've been going to the original location in SoDo for over 30 years. As I understand it, the guy that started Red Robin was able to procure the rights to franchise it, and this is the first location in that effort. This location has pork ribs, which had good flavor and smoke, but were rather fatty. The sauces were not as hot as the original, and rather gloppy (but it was close to closing time when we showed up). The beans are pretty close to the original, as is the shredded pork. Service was very friendly, and as I had to wait for the beans, they also gave me a side of potato salad, which I thought was pretty good, even though I don't care much for potato salad. So if the original location is closed, this is a good backup, as the hours are longer here.

1  Thank Mapamagician
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Had the mini-me, the regular brisket sandwich, the fully loaded baked potato, the pork ribs, and the chocolate chip cookies. Plus a pound of brisket. All excellent. The mild sauce was very good and the sweet sauce also very good. Friendly staff was helpful and fun. Ate in once, then returned two days later for takeout. Whole family loved it. Well worth a visit. Both brisket and pork sandwiches were well proportioned and tasted great.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try the West Seatttle Pecos Pit. The service was outstanding and while we were trying to decide what to order we were offered multiple free samples of all the side dishes while we narrowed down our menu selections. We finally decided to order the "Large Classic Sandwich" with the Pecos chopped beef brisket. The brisket was excellent, the meat was tender and flavorful. We also ordered a side of the "Best Potato Salad Ever". We have to say, the brisket and potato salad were delicious. Our sandwiches were large and our potato salad orders were plentiful as well. We will definitely return to try the other meats and sides.