All reviewssmall kitchen tablefront deskcorner roomoutdoor poolqueen bedfirst floorpull out couchhot itemsdecent breakfastpleasant staycomfortable roomswater pressurebasketball courtconvenient locationthe hotel is cleanexercise roomyogurt
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Working in the area for 9 days, I wanted more than just a hotel room, I wanted somewhere I could relax after work and not feel trapped. Hotel was in a great location next to the I75 you can easily access the north of the city. It was within walking distance of many restaurants. So could park the car and enjoy a couple of beers without driving. Breakfast was included and food was good and had enough choice. Staff are fantastic, friendly but not pushy. I will be staying here again when working in the area. Thank you

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We drove through Atlanta after a day of driving from Florida. We didn't have a reservation and found the Residence Inn. It was more room than we needed for a night as it has a desk area, a kitchen and a queen bed. A modest supply of coffee and tea is provided in the room but no shower samples. We had a corner room first floor and it was quiet and comfortable. This is a great location for business travel if you don't want to eat out or if you need to work at a desk. The breakfast was ample and tasty but you have to walk out of the building to get to the eating area.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
David T, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Kennesaw/Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your impressions of our Residence Inn. As you did raise some concerns, permit me to respond appropriately.

You mentioned we had no shower samples. As part of a Green Initiative, we now stock our bathrooms with larger, refillable bottles for shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Not only will this prove to be a cost-savings in the long run, it will also reduce the amount of trash that we generate. As a courtesy to our guests who prefer a bar of soap to the liquid body wash, we do keep a supply of them on hand, which are available upon request.

Of the 750+ Residence Inn hotels around the country, I would guess over half are of a model similar to ours, in which the guest rooms are in buildings separate from the main lobby area, which is where we serve our food. In fact, I believe there are at least 9 different "generations", or configuratons, in our Brand. Ours is considered a Generation 6; models opened after ours in the early 2000s almost all contain the guest rooms and lobby/food service area within the same building.

Thank you again for telling us about your experience with us. I do hope you will consider staying with us again, should your travel plans call for a return visit to our area.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We stayed at the hotel after having to leave a different hotel down the road because the conditions were so bad. We arrived after having to pack up our children at 10 pm and leave the other motel after my daughter suffered a horrible allergy attack from air quality issues. The front desk associate was sweet, helpful and fast during our check-in. Our room was on the bottom floor, just steps from the door, which was wonderful because it was easier to move our sleepy children to their bed. The room is modern and updated and so very spacious. the pull out sofa was a perfect size for our two children to share. The queen bed was comfy and I really liked the layout of the room. The pull out sofa was across the room from our bed and we were able to swivel the TV to face us in bed and not disturb the children with tv light. The room had a nice kitchenette area and a vanity area outside the bathroom. There is a nicely sized closet in the vanity area and a closet off the kitchenette for coats and luggage. There was a nice work desk present as well as a small kitchen table with chairs. The morning breakfast was great and included hot food, yogurts, fruits, pastries, coffee and juice. We were very relieved to have landed here after such a bad experience at a different chain earlier. We will be staying here exclusively every time we are in town.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
David T, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Kennesaw/Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for your generous feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. It's gratifying to learn that we performed all the details that a guest has every right to expect at our hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with all our associates and welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Also, thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We had the best experience at this hotel. The staff was incredible - from the General Manager to our Housekeeper. We read the reviews on tripadvisor before staying and the majority of them were positive so we decided to give it a try. I must say, anyone who is leaving a bad review for this location must be trying to con the system. There is absolutely no way this hotel or its staff should be anything but excellent ratings. Now yes, the hotel is a little dated. But is it CLEAN and the staff is WONDERFUL. Plus one of the managers told me they'll be renovated next year which will make this place even better! We will stay at this hotel every time we pass through!

Room Tip: Pet Friendly with fee
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Lydia M
David T, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Kennesaw/Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for your kind comments about our associates and our Hotel. I am fortunate to be able to work with some truly remarkable people on a daily basis and I cannot express how gratifying it is to learn that our guests feel the same.

We look forward to serving you again! Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We ve always stayed at this residence inn in Kennesaw however this visit was very disappointing
Breakfast supplies did not arrive we were advised so no eggs scrambled eggs so whatever It’s not the normal breakfast for a resident inn more like a less quality hotel
No Usa Today newspaper room key did not work most of the time The fireplace would not stay on and no one seems to know any reason why and someone turned off the TV when my husband was watching it
I did call the 800-number Marriott
The general manager Kenneo did send me a email never explaining why
He mostly made excuses that’s not how Marriott operates so I’m very disappointed with his email responses as if we should just forget about it as I am doing now
But we will not stay this Marriott again

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you, again, for your candid impressions of our Hotel. I am sorry that you were so disappointed. As I have already addressed you directly, allow me to reiterate my offer: I would be happy to find you another hotel in the Marriott familymin our area that may better suit your needs and expectations. I look forward to hearing from you and to being of service.