“Nice Cuban Food”

Papi's Cuban & Caribbean Grill
Ranked #10 of 323 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: You don't have to travel to Cuba or the Caribbean to experience the flavors that are indigenous to the tropics. Papi's brings all the essence of the South Seas to you, with attention to authenticity and an adherence to the recipes of generations.
Reviewed 2 January 2018

If you are from the Caribbean you will enjoy the food of Papi's and if you are new to it be prepared for new and delicious taste of the Cuban food. the food portions are big so it will be good to go with a few friend and share some food so you can have the opportunity to taste different dishes. Try a sample of the appetizers pastelitos and croquetas and go with the black beans and rice and any of the delicious meats like ropa vieja or tasajo. you will come for more. Avoid lunch time it can get really crowded and the parking is shared with other restaurants.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

On my last visit, I got the Jerk Chicken Sandwich, which is similar to a Cuban Sandwich, except that it's made with Jerk-spiced Chicken, etc. Very tasty! The waitstaff were very friendly and the atmosphere was pleasing. For desert, I had the Tres Leches Cake, which is somewhat similar to a pound cake served with cream and whipped cream - nice flavor and not overly sweet - very good.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I was staying in the nearby Hampton Inn and fancied a stroll to dinner. I just looked up local places and found Papi's. I wasnt disappointed. Informal, friendly staff and tasty food.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

After a week of eating in mediocre restaurants on vacation with my family, I wasn’t exactly excited about yet another restaurant on our trip home. But, luckily for me, we had to drive through Atlanta. And, logic would reason that I could find something more exciting there. I checked Trip Advisor for places in Kennesaw and immediately ran across a couple of Caribbean inspired places. I took screen shots of them - along with Chinese, Mexican and BBQ restaurants - and texted them to my sister in the car ahead.

Here’s the thing - we had my parents (who are southern white bean and cornbread type folks), my brother-in-law (who’s adventurous, but only to a certain extent) and two 14 year old girls (who are 14 year old girls). I knew my sister would be fine with Cuban food, but everyone else?

They somehow picked Papi’s (probably because they knew I clearly was pushing it) and away we went. When we got there, I realized the building and menu had a more mainstream look than I was expecting and I said a little prayer that it wouldn’t be too “American-Cuban.” I wasn’t disappointed.

We had empanadas, tostones, arrow con pollo, moros, sweet plantains, and more. After a little persuading, my parents kept trying more and more and enjoying it!! The food was really good and we left fully satisfied.

Oh, and the service. Quanter was an excellent server. I did the job for years, so apparently (according to my sister) I’m a little picky. But she did an excellent job. Was quick, observant and we had zero mishaps. Ask for her. And give her a big fat tip. (Disclaimer: I never met the girl before today; I’m just advocating for her now!)

I didn’t take pictures because we tore into our food.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Let me first say the restaurant atmosphere was very nice, and the employees were fairly nice, although dinner came out just seconds after appetizers were delivered, the food was extremely salty and tasted as if it were made in mass production at some factory. The Spanish rice was flavorless except for the salt. The chicken dish that I had was also very salty. Would not return to this place.

Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

Hi Donna, while we're glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and the friendliness of the staff, we're sorry you were disappointed in the food. We pride ourselves on providing delicious, authentic Cuban & Caribbean cuisine, and it's clear we missed the mark on your visit. Thank you for your feedback, and please know it will be shared with our management and staff.