Review Highlights
Great Day Fishing

Chartered the Linda Sue for 3/4 Day Trip. It was a beautiful day fishing. Sawyer was the best... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jasonrg74
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
via mobile
Best in Kona

If you’re looking for a chance at the big game fish in Kona with the most experienced captain, a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
226brendeny

All reviews ono deck hand tuna blue marlin fish great trip pound marlin bring bananas charter boat kona waters crew mate these guys experienced captain great captain few hours pilot whales the big island
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Awesome day out on the water, great captain and deckhand. Recommend to anyone staying in Kona or anywhere near!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 10 April 2021

What an amazing and informative fishing trip this was. Not to mention productive.
Landing a 650lb Blue Marlin on a half day charter is amazing enough by itself, but I never could have accomplished it without the superior boat driving skills of Captain Jeff ( keeping the fish in front of us while she did everything possible to try and shake us loose and driving backwards when necessary so she wouldn't run us out of line) and the amazing personal help I received from Sawyer as he (for an hour and 40 minutes) moved the chair into the best position to fight this monster fish, helped me by pulling in on the line while I was trying to reel in line and giving me the best advice on what I should be doing at any one moment during the battle. He also answered all our questions and more, giving us all the pertinent information you could possibly want and need.
We hooked up on this fish almost immediately after leaving the harbor and I could see why Captain Jeff likes to leave at 5:45am and be the first boat out there on the water.
I can't thank these gentleman enough or recommend them more highly to anyone that is looking to do some sportfishing while in Kona.
Thanks Again for an amazing 59th birthday!!!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021

Had a great time with Jeff and Sawyer! Not only did we catch fish but also saw a humpback whale with calf and a sperm whale.

1  Thank 8PaulS8
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

On Linda Sue 2 with Captain Jeff Heintz he knows his business we definitely got our moneys worth. We went where the fish were and when we caught fish there wasn't another fishing boat in site. Sawyer is deck hand and was amazing he called each of us by name the entire trip from first introduction on. Sawyer took time to explain everything we needed to
know and answered all questions. Sawyer made arrangements with a restaurant to cook our fish too. We had a great memorable time.

1  Thank robw149
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

Jeff, the Captain is the oldest Captain at the marina. Very knowledgeable and family friendly which isn't always the case with Captains. Sawyer, the crew mate, was exceptional. He kept the lulls in between bites entertaining with local knowledge and interesting stories. He also was great with our 8 year old son getting him involved when possible. All in all a great experience and we would highly recommend!

Date of experience: March 2021
lindasue2kona, Owner at Linda Sue 2 Sportfishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2021

Hi Mike, Thanks for getting back with your kind comments. Sorry we couldn't hook you up with something you never see back in Ak. It's only a matter of years now Mike before your son hits you up for a boat when he hits one of his birthdays. He will be studying his picture behind the wheel of the Linda Sue until he can't stand it any more & then it's " Dad when can I get my own boat ." Hopefully he gives you some time to save up because 35 ft. Bertrams don't come cheap. Please come back soon & I'll try to get the fish to be more agreeable.
Jeff Heintz Owner & Captain, Linda Sue 2 Sportfishing.