Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Our first dive trip with Jack's

We went out on a 2-tank dive Friday am (7/23/12). It was unclear where to check in (which desk in... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
48marih
Big help x2

Stopped in a couple times with problems to be solved. Found staff to be very patient and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$74.00
from US$129.00
from US$130.00
1,910 results
All reviews night dive dive shop dive master pelagic magic juan carlos manta rays the big island rental gear garden eel cove fish two tank great dive experienced divers surface interval certified diver cookies boat captain
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021

Honestly, this was the most average diving experience I've ever had. The older gentleman in the store was borderline rude the day I went in to book our dive, but I kind of ignored it and didn't really care, because we really wanted in on a manta dive. We thought we were lucky getting a last minute spot, but honestly I regret going. It felt like I spent $600 for a sandwich for my husband and I, and was by far the most disappointing day trip to the Big Island. I know they can't control if mantas show up, but there's really not much else to see if they don't show up. 3 stars for the no-manta guarantee, but I doubt we'll ever get to redeem it. Maybe if we do, we'll have a better experience. I have dove with other companies here on the island and other places that really blew me away with how friendly and helpful everyone was, and this just wasn't that kind of experience. This was more expenive than the other companies we've used and dives we've done, and the only one where I really just wished I was back on shore and hadn't spent the money.

Reviewed 25 May 2021

First and foremost, the people at Jack's Diving Locker are kind and helpful and proactive. Highly recommend them for that.

Our night manta ray dive was a bit disappointing though. People from other boats all banded together and made a long line of people, and the manta rays continually swooped them for practically 40 minutes nonstop. For some reason, our guide kept us apart from that line of mantas so we could only watch the mantas from afar. It was really frustrating. Finally at the end of the snorkel, another Jack's guide who was part of that group called our leader over, so we joined it. And we immediately got swooped up close by a few mantas before it was time to head in. That last 5 minutes was the best part of the trip. Why didn't we join that other group sooner?

Also, my travel companion was very nervous that our boat didn't have its SCUBA tanks bungeed down, so once we were at sea, he went to that deck and put the bungees over the top of all the tanks. Safety hazard!

Besides that though, the folks at Jack's are great.

Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

We came to the big island as part of our Hawaii trip specifically to go on night dives with Jack's Diving Locker and it was well worth the trip. We did two dives, the two tank manta night drive and the pelagic magic black water dive. They were both spectacular and unforgettable! The first manta dive was fun and we were excited to see a few mantas from a distance, but the second manta dive after sunset was absolutely incredible. We saw at least seven mantas circling around our lights for the whole dive. They were so close and looked beautiful in the spotlights. The pelagic magic dive was also super cool. We were tethered to the boat so we didn't drift off. We saw so many cool things including an octopus, a box jellyfish, and a sea horse! Crazy cool. Our drive instructor Casey was helpful and informative and captain David was also super helpful and friendly. I can't recommend this done highly enough, it's amazing.

Reviewed 21 May 2021 via mobile

This was my second boat dive with Jacks. The dive masters go out of their way to show you a great dive and keep you safe, all the while taking care to make sure you don’t miss the dolphins, turtles, tiger sharks, octopus & whatever they see down there. I really respect their commitment to keeping the ocean clean around Hawaii. When my chips rapper blew overboard they turned the boat around and got it out of the water. I’ll be back on my next trip here and I’ll keep a tighter hold on my garbage next time I promise❤️

Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

My wife and I went with Jack’s for a night dive and snorkel to see the manta-rays. Check in was easy, payment was easy, and getting going on the afternoon was a breeze. The crew was great, Keller and Russle had awesome and welcoming pre-dive and pre-boat meetings. The Dive was unforgettable, defiantly a must do! My wife who is not certified still had a great time seeing the mantas from above with the snorkelers, she had a great time with Katelynn. The view from 40’ below was surreal, mantas swimming and feeding right above and around you. Got two dives in, saw turtles and manta rays and plenty of reef life.
The dive back was great, Keller shared photos with the group and Christina was a great Captian back and had friendly and helpful conversations.
Overall a great time