Jonathan Weiss Dark History Tours
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Tour NOLA with the best local guide

Jonathan was a fantastic tour guide. Jonathan was funny and brought a sense of excitement and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JAG81981
Tampa, Florida
Great Tour and History Lesson!

Jonathan knew his town and loves his job . We spent a little more than two hours with him on the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$14.99
from US$34.00
from US$40.00
More Info
All reviews his knowledge his passion dark past dark side great tour french quarter the real deal story teller subject matter amazing city knowledgeable guide small group ghost stories haunted tour highlight of our trip two hours storyteller
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Had a great evening with Johnathan. A full 2 hour tour packed with lots of local stories about the early days of New Orleans. He was super knowledgable about the history and there was a dash of ghostly mystery inserted for fun. We really enjoyed our time with him.

1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Jonathan was great. Tour was full of great stories and great energy. Pit stops at the bars was a good touch also. Will book another tour when we are back in town.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Much better than the ghost tour I did with a larger company on my last trip! Jonathan was super knowledgeable in all things related to New Orleans history and was a wonderful storyteller. He has a clear passion for what he does and the history of this city. Plus, it's always great to tour with someone who has a great sense of humor! I've never been a history buff personally, but I can say with confidence that this tour was absolutely the most entertaining and informative part of our stay in New Orleans and Jonathan kept our interest peaked the entire tour. My friends for 2 days after the tour still kept saying how much they loved it and wished we had booked another type of tour with him while we were there, so we will definitely be doing that on our next trip to New Orleans!

1  Thank Carly D
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Jonathan’s knowledge of this city and history mixed with his passion and amazing storytelling skills has me in awe every time I take this tour.
This is the third time we have done a tour with Jonathan, there has not been one time I was bored or disappointed. He is amazing!
This is a must do if you’re coming to NOLA and are interested learning the history of the city!!
I have done Vampire, Dark History, and Ghost Tours and no kidding, he has so much to tell and definitely not enough time to do it.
I feel like he could have day tours for the entire day and there would not be one moment that wasn’t exciting!
I will continue to do his tours whether I have friends in town or not!!

1  Thank Tigger6592
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Myself, my wife, a friend, and my 80-year-old mother-in-law enjoyed a private afternoon/evening Dark History French Quarter tour with Jonathan recently and can give nothing but praise. This was after in the morning doing an adequate , well reviewed,3 hour van tour for completeness. To me the highlight of the morning tour, historically based, was no mention of slavery until I brought it up; and I actually got to hear our guide use the term 'this peculiar institution"
But I digress.Jonathan's tour,on entertainment value alone,was well worth the price. Yet his dark/haunted whatever was based on rather intimate knowledge of the fascinating and amazing multicultural history and details. I have been on similarly advertised tours elsewhere and the hokeyness -- reality Ghost Hunter TV type crap--is no where to be found here and one will likely be more scared and alarmed by the truth. New Orleans, great as it is , since the flood , is mildly Disneyfied ;somewhat , not quite like Times Square in New York. He is one of the few tour guides from well before the flood and
it shows. Just do this.
Also I saw one negative review about contact -- our days available did not coincide with his scheduled tours and we e-mailed and texted back-and-forth numerous times with his replies often immediate and always timely.

1  Thank nathancX3191MW