“Great Tour”

Jonathan Weiss Dark History Tours
Ranked #39 of 240 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join me in a stroll through the dark streets of one of the United States' most haunted and horrific cities! We'll wander past places where the dead still linger, and you'll learn of their lives and the tragic circumstances of their deaths. You'll be taken into the oldest end of the city, to hear the legends of the Vampires of New Orleans, their folklore and the strange murders and disappearances unsolved to this day! Private tours can be easily done, and with a private tour the number of stops, location of pickup and specific subject matter may all be customized.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had guests visiting from out of town who wanted to do a haunted tour. So glad we chose this one. Jonathan was very knowledgeable about the history of the city and very entertaining as well.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 13 reviews
"french quarter"
in 19 reviews
"an excellent story teller"
"subject matter"
"group size"
"story telling"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Had a great evening with Johnathan. A full 2 hour tour packed with lots of local stories about the early days of New Orleans. He was super knowledgable about the history and there was a dash of ghostly mystery inserted for fun. We really enjoyed our time with him.

1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Jonathan was great. Tour was full of great stories and great energy. Pit stops at the bars was a good touch also. Will book another tour when we are back in town.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Much better than the ghost tour I did with a larger company on my last trip! Jonathan was super knowledgeable in all things related to New Orleans history and was a wonderful storyteller. He has a clear passion for what he does and the history of this city. Plus, it's always great to tour with someone who has a great sense of humor! I've never been a history buff personally, but I can say with confidence that this tour was absolutely the most entertaining and informative part of our stay in New Orleans and Jonathan kept our interest peaked the entire tour. My friends for 2 days after the tour still kept saying how much they loved it and wished we had booked another type of tour with him while we were there, so we will definitely be doing that on our next trip to New Orleans!

1  Thank Carly D
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Jonathan’s knowledge of this city and history mixed with his passion and amazing storytelling skills has me in awe every time I take this tour.
This is the third time we have done a tour with Jonathan, there has not been one time I was bored or disappointed. He is amazing!
This is a must do if you’re coming to NOLA and are interested learning the history of the city!!
I have done Vampire, Dark History, and Ghost Tours and no kidding, he has so much to tell and definitely not enough time to do it.
I feel like he could have day tours for the entire day and there would not be one moment that wasn’t exciting!
I will continue to do his tours whether I have friends in town or not!!

1  Thank Tigger6592