Review Highlights
Best site for tours - informative and entertaining

This is the #1 deal of our NOLA trip. Free Tours have a nominal booking fee, then pay as you like... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$27.00
from US$10.00
from US$22.00
4,868 results
All reviews voodoo tour french quarter tour garden district tour great tour culinary history free walking lafayette cemetery walking tour two hours food tour would highly recommend this tour knowledgeable guide ghost stories tour group wealth of knowledge hour tour french market
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so impressed with this company I ended up booking 3 tours with them. I participated in the Garden District tour, St Louis 3 cemetery tour, and their ghost tour. All the tours had high quality guides and I felt like they really knew their stuff. I like the pricing model and felt like I got my money’s worth. I had a negative experience with a different company and was so glad to find Free Tours by Foot. The staff communicates well with you ahead of the tour. All 3 guides were passionate about the information they presented and made the tour enjoyable! The tours were very authentic. Avoid the rest of the tourist traps in town! I’ll definitely be looking for Free Tours by Foot in other cities I visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sandy was sweet, funny, considerate in that she kept us, about 20 people in the shade for the majority of the tour. She also managed to engage our 6 year old without losing the adults. You can tell she has a genuine love for the city.

Reviewed 8 August 2021

We did multiple tours with this company during our trip, and they are fantastic! Our Garden District tour with Andrew Farrier was sublime! He and all the other guides are so knowledgeable and entertaining! Sandy Hester guided us on the French Quarter and Voodoo tours, and she was wonderful, too, especially on the voodoo tour. She displayed a marvelous knowledge of African history and culture that was so interesting! Watch the company’s YouTube videos like we did before our trip to get a feel for the guides’ historical knowledge and skill. Note that this company allows you to set your own price for the tour, and we paid each guide $30-$35 per person (so $60-$70) total, which they more than earned.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

I did 3 tours with Free Tours by Foot during my trip to New Orleans and they were all FANTASTIC! I have taken tours with them in the past and they were honestly highlights of my trip. The guides (Daniel, Sandy, and Sarah) were so original, funny, knowledgeable, and informative! I learned SO MUCH about the history of the city, and had the opportunity to ask questions. The guides made it super easy to contact them and were even available to answer questions I thought of after the tour. One of the most valuable aspects of the tour was getting recommendations from locals on places to go instead of falling into the tourist traps in the area. I cannot recommend this company enough! The enthusiasm of the guides almost makes me want to become a tour guide myself! Please check out this company and make sure to compensate them for the quality of the tour. 10/10!!!

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

We are so thankful that we took the Free Tours by Foot French Quarter Tour! Our guide Sandy was fabulous! She was an encyclopedia of fascinating knowledge. Spunky, compassionate, entertaining, and honest.. she didn’t backdown from leading us on a two-hour sun-scorching journey of historical treasures while still patiently answering all of our tourist-y questions. We so appreciate her and everyone else from Free Tours by Foot. We prepared for our 3,000 mile road trip by studying Andrew’s YouTube videos. And in our brief self-guided run through the Garden District today, I must have said “Thank you, Andrew” out loud at least ten times! Be sure to look them up if you visit any of the areas they cover. You won’t be disappointed! Also, while it is a “pay what you think it’s worth” tour, don’t be a cheapskate. These guides work hard and deserve way more than we could afford to pay them.

Date of experience: July 2021