Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

from US$50.00
from US$50.00
from US$250.00
5,684 results
All reviews carriage ride french quarter great tour private carriage our tour guide hour tour louis cemetery ghost stories jackson square highly recommend this tour walking tour mule jonathan jockamo blanche history chicory
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a lovely tour. Our guide was Charles and he was very informative. I loved seeing the buildings and learning the history of such a beautiful city !! Thank you !!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Shannon and his trusty 4- legged partner Footloose gave us a wonderful haunted history tour of the French Quarter. My husband and I appreciated Shannon's wit, mixed in with some interesting history, and of course the stories of some of New Orleans's most famous (or infamous) ghosts.
I have to admit, I was worried I'd be THAT girl shaking in her boots while everyone else was just enjoying the thrill of ghosts. That turned out to not be the case at all. In fact, unless you're VERY easily spooked, you won't find this tour scary, but more so intriguing. For example there are a few hotels that are reportedly haunted, and hearing the stories made my husband and me want to stay in one of the haunted rooms for a night just to see if the stories are true.
For the COVID-conscientious, know that all passengers are required to wear masks. And Shannon enforced this with ease and professionalism.
For those who are concerned about animal cruelty (since each carriage is pulled by a mule), expect to hear some facts about that, such as laws the City of New Orleans has in place to protect equines... and why only mules can be used.
My husband and I always enjoy carriages tours when we visit historic cities, and Royal Carriages did not let us down in NOLA.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Liz and Praline were incredible! We really enjoyed Liz's sense of humor and her knowledge of the French Quarter. Highlight of our 3 Generations Trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took the hour long carriage ride through the French Quarter with Chaos & Jelly Roll the mule!! Was such a fun ride! I’m giving only 4 stars because of the price. We usually always paid $20 per person pre-Covid, but they didn’t have that option on the site. & being that You have to book through the site they should. Idk unless the prices just went up & they don’t offer that price anymore. Other than that we had a delightful time with Chaos, we’ve went on many rides & he was by far the best most fun driver!!

2  Thank 646cindyz
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hannah was very helpful in getting us on a carriage tour. We loved how her mule Marie had her toes painted in celebration of Mardi Gras. Hannah had many interesting facts to tell along the way and even made a stop at Lafitte's for us to grab a drink while enjoying our tour around the quarter. It was a very relaxing tour and I would highly recommend.

Date of experience: February 2021