“Store purchases”

New Orleans School of Cooking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We teach the basics of Louisiana Cooking in a way you’ll never forget. Fun is a primary ingredient in our kitchen! Our Cajun / Creole experts teach New Orleans specialties such as Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines, seasoning them with history, trivia and tall tales! We offer demonstration classes and hands-on classes daily! DEMONSTRATION CLASS: Watch, learn & eat! Sit back and enjoy watching our skilled, entertaining chefs prepare a classic Cajun / Creole meal for you while learning about the vibrant history of New Orleans cuisine - enjoy all the demonstrated items, as well as local Abita beer with your meal! HANDS ON CLASS: Cook & eat an authentic Louisiana meal! In this highly interactive class, our guests prepare a complete dinner with one of our expert chefs, and afterwards they are able to sit down and enjoy the meal they have just created. Served with red & white wine.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I didn't actually do the class, but I did stop in and stock up on all kinds of spices, roux, and other cooking items. WAY cheaper than any of the other stores in the Quarter. Great selection too!

My next visit I plan on doing an actual class---looked fun in there.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,186)
All reviews
"jambalaya"
in 624 reviews
"chef kevin"
in 164 reviews
"demonstration class"
in 143 reviews
"bread pudding and pralines"
in 113 reviews
in 59 reviews
"great fun"
in 123 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We loved Brendan and his stories and friendly staff, and the food was fantastic! I am making his gumbo tonight for dinner!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Half of those in our group had attended a class here in the past. The other three were new to the entire experience. A great time was had by all! Great job AGAIN!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife and I had a fantastic evening with the hands on cooking class. With only 10 people, each couple has their own cooktop and space to truly enjoy themselves. Ed (the main chef) was helpful, overly friendly, and hilarious. He kept everyone laughing and learning. He did a great job including everyone by complimenting us and teasing us all at the same time. We did this on our last night in New Orleans and it was one of our favorite activities. I highly recommend spending the extra money for the hands on class. Besides all of the amazing food we made, you are also given endless, wine, beer, water, and tea! If you’re lucky, you’ll get Ed as your instructor. Truly an awesome night! Thanks again Ed!!

1  Thank 722francisr
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My friends and I had a wonderful time at the cooking class and really enjoyed ourselves. The problem came when we were returning to Connecticut and they told us they would post our purchases. We went in October and were expecting delivery before Christmas. My daughter loves cooking and I had purchases a set of the cook books and the spices that goes with it . When it didn’t arrive a month later we called and received an apology and told it would be posted out. Just before Christmas I called again and although very polite told me the same thing it would be posted. I rang again in Ianuary, too late for Christmas but my daughters birthday was in January so I was hopi g to get it then. Twice in Febrauary and by March I had demanded my money ey back. They told me over and over they would sort it and call me back six months later I’m $70.00 down and still no goods.

NOSOC, Manager at New Orleans School of Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your thorough review. For the last quarter of 2017 our shipping was outsourced thru a third party shipping company. Because of problems similar to these, we recently brought shipping back in-house. We are reaching out to this customer through Trip Advisor in order to rectify this situation