“Dinner before the theater”

Tutto Pasta State Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Tutto Pasta State Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,037 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Johnson
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We walked in for dinner before a weekday theater show. The restaurant was crowded but in going early we were able to be seated with a small wait. The food is simply, cleanly prepared Italian food. Our teenagers had a build your own pizza while we had chicken/pasta dishes. All were freshly prepared and hot when delivered to the table. They have a nice but basic wine selection and both draft and bottled beers. Service was friendly and efficient, as many of the other guests were also going to the show. Well located 3 blocks from the Hampton Inn and 2 blocks from the Double Tree Inn. Well worth a visit

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the Hampton Inn on Johnson Street and wanted to walk to dinner. I found Tutto Pasta online and it was a short walk from the hotel. It’s a small restaurant, nothing fancy, but really good hearty Italian food. I had the Penne Arrabiata with chicken and loved the dish. My husband had the Gnocci Bolanase and liked it a lot. Good food and reasonable prices. Wine selection was decent and the servers were friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank LizBethob
Reviewed February 14, 2018

As far as Italian fare goes, Tutto's is fair, but not fantastic. The spaghetti and meatballs I ordered tasted flat and the sauce was not very savory or in ample quantity to truly cover the noodles. The meatballs were very good, although the whole dish came to the table not as hot as expected. Dinner is served with a lovely bread and a dish of oil and balsamic vinegar, a nice touch. A very nice and cozy atmosphere with several tables overlooking State Street and that was lovely. I am not sure I would dine there again, but for the college students who live in the area, it is probably the best priced Italian food in the immediate downtown area.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I've been to State Street a few times and always have walked past Tutto's thinking it's a little dive place for the local college students. I WAS SO WRONG!!! We finally stopped in one afternoon and enjoyed the most amazing pasta dishes. All 4 of us got different dishes and we couldn't decide which one we liked the best.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Very friendly staff and great food. Prices were reasonable for downtown. Was very crowded on a Friday night, but only had to wait about 20 minutes, Cheese ravioli, pizza, penne pasta and lobster ravioli were all very good.