“Perfect pizza!”

Ranked #51 of 959 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Menu shown is incorrect.. Menu Link : https://paisans.restaurantengine.com/files/2019/08/PaisansMenuAugust2019.pdf
Reviewed September 3, 2021

We recently joined friends for dinner outdoors at Paisan's and we tried their pizza. It's fabulous! We really enjoyed the crust with the cornmeal on the bottom - fabulous! We had the vegetarian pesto pizza and I can't wait to have it again! I'm kicking myself - having lived in Madison on and off for the past 30 years, this is the first time I have had pizza at Paisan's, what a mistake!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (341)

Reviewed August 26, 2021 via mobile

My husband, granddaughters and I were driving through Madison and decided to have lunch at Paisan’s. Since our granddaughters are unvaccinated (9), we needed to sit outside. We had a beautiful view of the lake, but it was so hot and humid it was unbearable. They didn’t have one umbrellas outside, and the only spot of shade was near the door. When we moved our table a little closer to the shade, a manager came out and told us we couldn’t sit there. We complained about the lack of shade and umbrellas. He told us to sit inside if we didn’t like it out there. We told him it was safer for our granddaughters outside. He just said to move the table. We weren’t blocking a door. In fact, all other people that went to the patio to sit also complained of the lack of shade/umbrella. We moved and ordered. The food lacked flavor. I ordered a chicken Parmesan sandwich. It was a piece of broiled chicken with some tomato sauce on top. They put shredded cheese on top of that, but the sandwich wasn’t very cold and it never melted the cheese.
SAVE YOURSELF! Don’t go there. It’s not worth the money.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed July 24, 2021

Arrived before 6pm on a Friday and it was a wonderful day to sit outside. Quickly got drinks and soon after ordered our food. Appetizers/ salads came soon. And then after those plates were cleared we were ignored for 40 minutes. Our water was warm. No more drinks offered for our wait. No communication until our food came out. Food was barely cooked, but hot. And not very appetizing. Asked for check right away and a box. Took 10 minutes for that to happen and only got. One box for two meals.

Need more waitstaff and more cooks. And better food.

Not going again

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed June 2, 2021

Very disappointed! Had a reservation for 11 people. When we arrived on time, they had given our table to another group with no reservation. After seated our order was taken and items on the menu were already out. We waited 90 minutes to be served our food.
One family member had to takes his to go because it wasn't prepared with the others meals.
After two hours with 5 children under 10 needing to be fed.... we were beyond disappointed.
We have enjoyed Paisons since 1969... in the basement of Porta Bella. It was our final goodbye dinner to Madison as we move on to a new city. We wanted to make it special. What a total disappointment!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed April 19, 2021 via mobile

The only redeeming quality this restaurant has is the view. Everything else is marginal. I asked what kind of wind they had to the waitress and she said”just regular wine”.
She finally brought me a wine list and they actually have a great wine list. I ordered a glass of the champagne and it had no bubbles. I returned it and he took it off my bill. The sangria was not very good. It was also had no carbonation in it. The included salad was chilled and delicious. My spaghetti was soggy. The garlic bread was just toasted bread. It had very little garlic on it. Server was very young and inexperienced.

Date of visit: April 2021