“Old name new face”

Ranked #53 of 960 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Menu shown is incorrect.. Menu Link : https://paisans.restaurantengine.com/files/2019/08/PaisansMenuAugust2019.pdf
Reviewed 14 March 2017

The last time I ate at Paisan's I was a senior in high school and it was on University Ave. This restaurant always had great pizza. Now it has much more than just great pizza. A great view to over look and fabulous interior. The guys both had the Whitehouse sandwich and it was excellent.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank marsha7377
_portabellarest, Front Office Manager at Paisan's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Thank you for being a long-time customer! We are proud to serve you!

Write a reviewReviews (341)

Reviewed 11 March 2017

This was a great dining experience. We were seated at a table overlooking the water, in the "Fireplace" room. The wait staff was terrific and very attentive. The locale is very clean and pretty with stained glass windows. The food was excellent; we had the ravioli and the manicotti, both of which were done well. There was enough to take home - lunch for tomorrow!

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank Cruisin007
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Stopped by for happy hour recently and were exceptionally pleased by the great options and exceptional prices of the drinks and hors d'oeuvres. We enjoyed a Bella pizza--very tasty with a slightly sweet meat sauce. Make time to stop by!

1  Thank gawarfield
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I arrived about twenty minutes before the rest of my friends, and they said no problem, and seated me right away, at a booth with a view of the lake. The waitperson was very nice and made sure we were taken care of. I ordered the nightly special, beef ravioli with a side porta salad. The porta salad was every bit as good as I remembered it being last time, and the ravioli was delicious! It was enough food that I easily had lunch for work the next day.

1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

First they have a very nice bar area, and once we went up to the restaurant the views of lake Monona are awesome. We went in February, but the outside dinning looks really nice. The food was really good also, the signature porta salad is awesome. Our table also ordered pastas and pizzas which both were very good. The server was very attentive and really funny. Looks like they have space for larger parties and even separate rooms for parties. I would highly recommend this restaurant in the downtown area of Madison.

1  Thank chevyman1961