“Great view, great atmosphere!”
Review of Paisan's

Paisan's
Get food delivered
Ranked #53 of 957 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Menu shown is incorrect.. Menu Link : https://paisans.restaurantengine.com/files/2019/08/PaisansMenuAugust2019.pdf
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I arrived about twenty minutes before the rest of my friends, and they said no problem, and seated me right away, at a booth with a view of the lake. The waitperson was very nice and made sure we were taken care of. I ordered the nightly special, beef ravioli with a side porta salad. The porta salad was every bit as good as I remembered it being last time, and the ravioli was delicious! It was enough food that I easily had lunch for work the next day.

1  Thank Tracy B
Write a reviewReviews (341)

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

First they have a very nice bar area, and once we went up to the restaurant the views of lake Monona are awesome. We went in February, but the outside dinning looks really nice. The food was really good also, the signature porta salad is awesome. Our table also ordered pastas and pizzas which both were very good. The server was very attentive and really funny. Looks like they have space for larger parties and even separate rooms for parties. I would highly recommend this restaurant in the downtown area of Madison.

1  Thank chevyman1961
Reviewed 3 February 2017

The view is my favorite part of going to Paisan's. The pasta is not fresh, but the sauce is. The food is just okay. Slow service, but friendly.

1  Thank pink_capybara
_portabellarest, Front Office Manager at Paisan's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Please come try us again! We work hard to make all our customers happy.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Took several out of town guests to lunch. They loved the view and the food. We arrived as the restaurant opened and were seated immediately. Several in the group had the scallop chowder and raved about how good it was. All our meals were excellent.

Date of visit: February 2017

Thank you Gail.We look forward to serving you and your clients again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

My husband and I went here for Restaurant Week. We heard from several people that it was a Madison institution and we needed to try it out. The service was wonderful, really friendly staff. The food was good, nothing stuck out as exceptional. The view is lovely looking out over the lake (even from inside in winter!). Although Paisan's is now checked off my Madison bucket list, I wouldn't tell visitors this is a "must." But I think the locals love this place fiercely. :)

Date of visit: January 2017