All reviews village tour organic garden cooking class local village rice paddies balinese culture family room family compound great insight small hotel road noise art school yoga retreat cultural experience real bali village life great pool
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the friendly staff and beautiful surroundings... we were very well looked after... the breakfast was delicious with a stunning view... definitely value for money... I would highly recommend this accomodation to anyone wanting a quiet peaceful hotel...

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Aprile D, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for your positive review and I'm very glad to know you were so well looked after by our wonderful staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I was fortunate to be able to join a yoga retreat weekend with 14 participants and the yogi, Lisa.
It was really a magical experience for me and I put much of it down to the atmosphere of Bali that Alam Sari exudes. The staff and surrounds have a gentleness about them that immediately welcomes guests to relax. It seemed that a lot of thought had gone into the food and preparation and it certainly was appreciated by the guests with numerous dietary requirements.
I will certainly be on the look out for more retreats at Alam Sari and particularly those guided by Lisa. Thank you to management and staff for a wonderful weekend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

The yoga retreat weekend was a highlight for our Alam Sari staff as well. We loved hosting the retreat in our beautiful shala in Villa Tunjung, and look forward to hosting many more with Lisa. The "magic" of Alam Sari will continue, especially with such a wonderful group of people.Thank you.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Alam Sari is a place to go to relax and unwind. Set on a beautiful forest hillside, it has amazing views, a beautiful pool surrounded by greenery, and kind and helpful staff. The breakfast was substantial and delicious and the dinner we had there was also very good. The staff helped us arrange tours and transportation and looked after our every need.

Room tip: Some rooms are a bit of a walk from the lobby/dining area, so it's a good idea to check first
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
aprile702, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Alam Sari, especially our Balinese staff. Its also wonderful to know that you enjoyed the meals, and especially our updated breakfast menu. We hope you will return again very soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I joined a 3 day, long weekend yoga retreat recently over the Chinese New Year weekend. The retreat offered many optional activities which ranged from Yoga with the fabulous Lisa (Iyenga certified instructor), health sessions with a traditional healer, meditation, massage and delicious healthy food all within a truly relaxing and picturesque traditional Balinese setting. The main yoga Shala overlooks a vista of rice paddies framed by Mr. Agung in the background and is a beautiful space in which to practice. There was also a shuttle service available for visits to Ubud. For me the retreat was a success because I really felt a sense of deep relaxation and calmness by day 3. The staff were friendly and happy to help with any request. I will definitely returning for more of the same.

Room tip: Almost all rooms have a view of Mt. Agung in the distance
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
aprile702, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

It was wonderful to host you over this long weekend. We're delighted to know that the yoga retreat was everything you hoped, and you left our resort feeling deeply relaxed and refreshed. We will look forward to welcoming you back to our next retreat.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Over the past 15 years I have observed Alam Sari blossom in to the unbelievable spot in paradise it is today. The staff is welcoming from the moment they meet you at the airport to the moment they hug you good bye. They are loving, kind, caring, and well trained.
When you arrive you realize that Alam Sari truly is the essence of Bali. It is a lush surrounding that immediately gives you the feeling "I have arrived...ahhhhh!"
It is perfect for an individual seeking solitude, a family wanting a safe and culturally rich environment to explore, a book club wanting time to read and chat while floating in the pool (especially nice during the Readers and Writers Conference in Ubud - check it out) or for those who want to learn more about Balinese culture while being pampered.
Alam Sari offers unique side trips that only they can offer such as hikes through local villages or a day with Dewi in his family compound, cooking local foods in his home. Unbelievable. I still have to pinch myself to believe this trip was true.
If you have one trip-of-a lifetime you want to take head to Alam Sari and tell them hello for me.

Room tip: All rooms here have unique qualities. I have stayed in most of them and I love them all!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank beckstroms
aprile702, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for recommending Alam Sari so highly. We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay and have returned to us several times. We welcome you as part of our Alam Sari family and our staff have loved sharing the Balinese experience with you.