All reviews village tour organic garden cooking class local village rice paddies balinese culture come home delicious food small hotel family room road noise meditation room art school highlight of our trip free shuttle beautiful bali great pool
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I joined a 3 day, long weekend yoga retreat recently over the Chinese New Year weekend. The retreat offered many optional activities which ranged from Yoga with the fabulous Lisa (Iyenga certified instructor), health sessions with a traditional healer, meditation, massage and delicious healthy food all within a truly relaxing and picturesque traditional Balinese setting. The main yoga Shala overlooks a vista of rice paddies framed by Mr. Agung in the background and is a beautiful space in which to practice. There was also a shuttle service available for visits to Ubud. For me the retreat was a success because I really felt a sense of deep relaxation and calmness by day 3. The staff were friendly and happy to help with any request. I will definitely returning for more of the same.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have a view of Mt. Agung in the distance
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
aprile702, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

It was wonderful to host you over this long weekend. We're delighted to know that the yoga retreat was everything you hoped, and you left our resort feeling deeply relaxed and refreshed. We will look forward to welcoming you back to our next retreat.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Over the past 15 years I have observed Alam Sari blossom in to the unbelievable spot in paradise it is today. The staff is welcoming from the moment they meet you at the airport to the moment they hug you good bye. They are loving, kind, caring, and well trained.
When you arrive you realize that Alam Sari truly is the essence of Bali. It is a lush surrounding that immediately gives you the feeling "I have arrived...ahhhhh!"
It is perfect for an individual seeking solitude, a family wanting a safe and culturally rich environment to explore, a book club wanting time to read and chat while floating in the pool (especially nice during the Readers and Writers Conference in Ubud - check it out) or for those who want to learn more about Balinese culture while being pampered.
Alam Sari offers unique side trips that only they can offer such as hikes through local villages or a day with Dewi in his family compound, cooking local foods in his home. Unbelievable. I still have to pinch myself to believe this trip was true.
If you have one trip-of-a lifetime you want to take head to Alam Sari and tell them hello for me.

Room Tip: All rooms here have unique qualities. I have stayed in most of them and I love them all!
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank beckstroms
aprile702, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for recommending Alam Sari so highly. We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay and have returned to us several times. We welcome you as part of our Alam Sari family and our staff have loved sharing the Balinese experience with you.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I recently attended a wonderful yoga retreat at Alam Sari, in Keliki, Bali. The setting was beautiful, with yoga sessions held in a large open space, looking out into the green and on to Mt. Agung (when not under clouds). We also had evening meditations in a air conditioned room. Our rooms were comfortable and clean. The open air dining room was lovely and what a better place to enjoy the lovely healthy meals served by such a friendly helpful staff. At this retreat, we did have some options for extra treatments as well: massages, mani/pedicures, a session with a local healer, as well as a purification ceremony. We fit a lot into a short weekend and my only complaint would be that it was just too short. I have spent regular holiday time at this hotel, and it has a special place in my heart. A great place for a vacation or a retreat!

Stayed: February 2018
aprile702, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of our yoga and wellness retreat at Alam Sari. Our staff really enjoyed welcoming you and all the participants to experience the range of healing options, the yoga sessions, and delicious healthy meals. We are looking forward to hosting many more retreats and hope you will return.

Aprile Denise
Owner, Alam Sari Retreat

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Alam Sari for three wonderful nights, in one of the family bungalows (tunjung 2). The staff were all amazing and so friendly and accommodating, the views from the room/pool were perfection, we just wished we had stayed longer!!

They had a large spa treatment menu, which we took advantage of, and loved everything we tried.

Prices were very fair, food was delicious, could not recommend this place more!

Keep in mind it is a drive into Ubud, but very peaceful and worth the trip!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria F
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We really enjoyed staying this wonderful resort! The staff was amazing and took excellent care of us. The food was delicious and the massages were some of the best we've ever had. We felt welcome as soon as we arrived. The setting was gorgeous and the villa was fantastic. Thank you so much for the hospitality. We will definitely stay with you again!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends