“Never know what to expect”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 266 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I really use to like this place, but it's waning down. Seems like the last two times it's on the diwn hill slide. Always needing help it seems. Didn't take to long to be seated, about twenty minutes. Ordered a appetizer, it showed up a few minutes after our dinner. Dinner we had 7 of us. Three meals show up, then two a a few minutes later. Then one more later. Then finally mine, about the time our first three were about done with theres. Watch out for when you ask for a substitute on there prices. Use to be a place for value and decent prices. Seems that is gone. On a positive side the waitress was pretty good for the most part. You want a tip from me, don't let my drink get empty....

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Our visit was on St. Patrick's day at 4 pm. After a short wait, we were seated, but it was almost 20 minutes before our waitress appeared. After ordering, it seemed like it took overly long to get our food (3 chicken tenders, fried fish, a burger and a pot pie, nothing overly complicated). Both tables on either side of us were also large parties and got their food pretty quickly. When the food was delivered, it was incomplete; wrong dipping sauce for one of the chicken tender dinners and a missing side on one other. Also, the fries were cold. My granddaughter had a side of corn and I had a side of coleslaw, but no spoon for either of us. It's pretty hard to eat coleslaw out of a bowl with a fork. My side of coleslaw was a good portion, but another of us had a side of mac & cheese that was really tiny (for an extra $2.49). For dessert, my daughter had the Dessert Minis, which come in shot glasses. She got a soup spoon, which she couldn't get into the bottom of the shot glass. Overall, it was just ok. I think it will be awhile before we go back.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I was given a Gift Certificate from my boss, and decided to use it while our son was visiting us from Denver. I had the salmon dinner, and it was the best salmon I have had at a restaurant. Compliments to the Chef. We also had a very attentive Waitress, who was training a new person. Everything was great. We had ample portions, and I had enough to take home for another meal. We were seated quickly, our Waitress was excellent, the food was served quickly, so I can highly recommend this Cheddars restaurant

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Food is always good but it is chain restaurant food. My family is from out of town and they live it but we prefer more off the beaten path places. Prices are good and portion sizes huge. Usually a wait to get in so apparently a lot of people love it. Not a favorite for us but decent.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Got together with friends and everyone LOVED their food. We each got something different. Great meal and service at a very reasonable price. Will definitely be back