See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

Located wakable distance from gol gumbuz (the only attraction worth it in whole of bijapur)... but d petrol pump next to d hotel is a irritant... rooms are good spacious and nicely priced but cleanliness is an issue... room service is slow...

The other good thing about the hotel is the restraunt at the ground floor which is the best veg restraunt in bijapur... excellent idly dosas and tea

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank Sharafath A
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Not suitable for families.....Cigarette smell was quite evident once we entered the room. No cleanliness. My kid and wife resisted to enter. I had no choice but to stay overnight. Please AVOID at all terms. The rooms are quite Noisy as this is right on Main road.

Haven't been to Restaurant on Ground floor

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
5  Thank AmeetBadachikar
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Once of the better places to stay in the city. Not very expensive and around half a kilometre from the Gol Gumbaz. The service was ok, the sheets were a little dirty when we checked in. The bathrooms also had hardwater stains in most places - typical of a small town hotel. Generally I'd say a little below average on cleanliness. We however requested to be checked into the larger room (which btw also has a road facing widow, so a little more airier and more light) and they obliged. They also allowed us a early checkin without charging extra, so I'd give it to them on value for money.

The best part about the hotel was the splendid view of the Gol Gumbaz. To really enjoy the view, you should head over to their terrace and view the Gumbaz in all it's majesty. Too bad we went to the terrace only in the night, but it looked marvelous even then.

The restaurant downstairs served awesome South Indian food, and the one on the 4th floor was decent too. I'd say go for it if you're in Bijapur to only soak in the city's architecture and don't care too much about the hotel and rooms.

Room Tip: Each floor has 2 big rooms and several smaller ones. Aim to get the big ones. The left side rooms offer a view of the Gumbaz too.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ashwin D
Reviewed 27 October 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week during my official visit to North Karnataka.

At first, I was little worried as the room was stinking and the bathroom was not clean. But once I informed them they cleaned the whole place immediately and sprayed some room freshener. Everyday I had to open the windows during the morning and let the sunlight in, else the room will start to smell by the evening.

The room was quite spacious.The bed sheets are changed once in three days and the cleaning is done everyday. Laundry is managed through an external provider and is a bit expensive.

The staff are courteous and helpful. Overall the stay you get is definitely value for money. (950 Rs exclusive of tax for double bedroom A/C).

There are two restaurants - A veg restaurant in the ground floor and a non veg restaurant with a bar in the 4th floor. Let me assure you, the food will get boring within two days and you will have to look for other options if your staying for a longer duration.

The hotel is quite close to Gol Gumbaaz and if your staying there for more than two days I highly recommend you visit this place. Its open from 6am to 5:30pm, the museum is open from 9am to 5:30 pm and well maintained by the archaeological society of India.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for short stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the main entrance side.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank GopinathGanesan
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had booked into KSTDC Mayura Adil Shahi hotel for 2 days but had to quickly look around after going through a night with the bathroom stinking to high heavens.

we were pleasantly surprised when we checked into Golden Heights which is just down the road from the aforementioned and centrally located. We took 2 rooms (AC Double) and it cost 950/- Value for money, the rooms were spacious and clean. Room service on the second floor was much better than the 3rd (we had a room on each floor). They serve both veg and non-veg food and there is a bar on the top floor.

I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Take rooms facing the front they are very airy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family