“Easter brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin & Kent Avenue
Transit: G train @ Classon Ave
Description: Whether you seek a weekly brunch spot or a night filled with libations, live beats, Rustik is your one stop shop for a good time. Simply put, Rustik's beer selection is outstanding. With IPA's, microbrews, rotating draft lines, and a large selection of bottle beer from around the world, you're sure to find a beer that pleases your palate. Set in Brooklyn's eclectic Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood, blocks from Pratt University, Rustik Tavern offers something for everyone. Its plush couches, fireplace and brick wall laced with 70's music memorabilia creates a nostalgic atmosphere. Add our impressive bar selection and sophisticated American eats and you have a living room away from home. Our TV screens are always on your favorite game and our patio is open year round. Looking for a good happy hour? Check us on Tuesday - Friday from 4 - 8PM for special deals on cocktails, wine and draft beers. Lunch specials run 11AM - 4PM where you can get a burger and a beer for $12. "Live music weekly", is Rustik's mantra. Rustik hosts some of the best local talent that Brooklyn has to offer. Rustik pulls its live band pool from many different genres of music. Rock, R&B, jazz, folk, hip hop, reggae, and soul, Rustik has it all. So grab a seat and stay a while...slow sippers allowed.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family absolutely loved everything about the Rustik. The decor is great, the food is fantastic, and the service was perfect. We did have an issue with the Yelp reservation system (Yelp canceled the reservation without notice) but we called the day of our brunch to confirm and we were able to get a table. Three of us got the chicken and waffles plus the unlimited brunch drink special. Chicken was crispy and delicious, the waffle was tender, the syrup was fantastic. Our server, Andre was excellent- it was busy and he was always on top of things. I would like to go back when the weather is warmer so we can sit out in their back yard. I highly recommend the Rustik Tavern!

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Met a family friend here for lunch while visiting the area. The food was amazing, and our waiter/bartender was super awesome and took great care of us. Would definitely visit again!

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We were there on a beautiful summer evening so sat in the back patio. Lovely! Had great service and the food was delicious. We had the fried chicken, the pasta and the steak. No complaints. Enjoyed happy hour drinks to 8 pm. A great value overall. Would recommend. Inside seemed a little darker and bar like but I cannot judge. Patio was used by an occasional smoker but not an issue for us.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

First Mothers day without my Mum my Father took me there. I chose this restaurant because it is black owned (we have to start supporting at our own).
I had salmon burger with fries and an L.I. Icetea. Which was delish, the bun was made with an English Muffin and the burger is not a solid salmon fish it's mixed with something else maybe potatoes. Dad had Steak he enjoyed that.
They put us in the other building not in the main restaurant, which was ok for us as they were so full. Our waiter was super attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed March 10, 2017

We decided to stop for dinner after a long day of work meetings. It was Wednesday, March 8, a day without a woman, so the service was quite slow. The bartender was waiting tables. My colleague mentioned the Day Without a Woman protest after he apologized for the delay and mentioned the waitresses didn't show up for work. She presumed it was to support the Day without a Woman protest.

I intended to order shrimp & grits since that is a dish I had previously and enjoyed; however, it's only served for weekend brunch. I ordered the chicken & waffles and my colleague had chili. We both also tried cocktails for the new cocktail menu. I cannot recall the name of the drinks but they were fine. We also had dessert, fried cheesecake and a brownie dessert with ice cream. I loved my cheesecake and would order it again. I didn't try the brownie but my colleague enjoyed it.

I plan to visit again, for the shrimp & grits.

Frantz M, Owner at Rustik Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Thanks for coming to see us for dinner! Though the service was a bit slower than usual, we're glad you had such a great time with us, and we appreciate you reaching out here with your support. Can't wait to see what you think of the shrimp and grits on your next visit.

All the best,