“Received the wrong order & was yelled at for calling to get the correct order. STAY AWAY!!”
Review of Sushi Meshuga

Sushi Meshuga
Get food delivered
Ranked #2,110 of 6,933 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Neighborhood: Sheepshead Bay
Neighborhood: Sheepshead Bay
Reviewed January 16, 2020

So basically I order from Sushi Meshuga for the past 5 years, maybe even longer (since the first few months of it’s opening in Midwood). I usually order through the website or pick it up myself, living very close to the Kings Highway location. Today, for first time ever, I decided to Uber Eats it, to get it faster, because I was feeling under the weather. My order is delivered but has a completely different sushi roll than I ordered. I call them immediately and the new employee, about 18 years or so on the register (with absolutely no customer service skills or manners for that fact) tells me 1. I’m wrong and don’t know what the roll looks like (mind you I have ordered this roll for the past 5 years, before it was even listed as a roll on the menu) 2. there is nothing he can do and 3. Hangs up on me. Living a minute away, I get frustrated and walk over there. I walk in and he acts like he hasn’t just spoken to me and tells me that he can’t do anything. As a loyal customer for almost half a decade, he acted as if I am in the wrong coming to get the SUSHI ROLL I PAID FOR. I was forced to go there myself when I just paid for deliver and fees and he was still behaving as if I am wrong and demanding something more than what I paid for. Absolutely disrespectful, ill-mannered young man who has absolutely no future in the working world or, in life, for that matter if he thinks it’s okay to treat customers, who go out of their way to get what they originally should have gotten, this way. I had never had any problems with my orders until today. I order sushi platters on a weekly basis for both shabbat and my shul shiurs and never was my order not delivered. This gentleman failed to check my order before he sent it out and then acted like he didn’t make a mistake. I will speaking with the owner regarding this, and will make sure that this boy gets the proper training in communicating with people like humans, not like animals. Now after spending 20 minutes to go there myself to demand my original order and writing this review, I wasted 1 hour of my time, no longer have an appetite and my food is cold. This issue could have been easily solved by this gentleman saying “we will make you the correct order in 10 minutes”. IT’S A $7.00 ROLL! Instead he chose the former response. It’s not so much about the money as it is about the treatment I got from this young man as a loyal customer. Oh and to put a cherry on top, he threw the bag into my face with the correct order after I stood there waiting for them to make my order that was never delivered in the first place. Sushi Meshuga PLEASE TRAIN YOUR NEW EMPLOYEES or you will lose all your customers with disrespectful employees like this.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Greta D
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

I ordered a big lunch for my husband's birthday. Takeout from Kings Highway location . Order online is 10% off.
Food is delicious as always. My family is a long-term customer of this establishment. And all of us, kids and adults, are always satisfied with quality and variety of food.
Place is highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Sushi Meshuga is a lovely addition to the neighbourhood of Midwood, which often lacks the type of healthy and interesting restaurants that one might find in Park Slope. I have eaten in the restaurant once since they have added chairs. I am so glad they did, because it means I didn't have to wait until I got home to eat the sushi! I have also ordered takeout, equally excellent and arrived on time. I should note that I only order the vegan options, and it is incredible that they have so many delicious choices. One of my favourites is the avocado and lemon. Excellent lunch special as well, be sure to check the specials before ordering. They also have low sodium soy sauce and vegan mayo.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Love12345678910
Reviewed December 25, 2014

the sushi is tasty, not as artistic as some fancier places but much less expensive and a clean friendly place

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed November 14, 2014

The best definitely recommend
Very good food delicious very selective menu definitely something someone to check out

Date of visit: October 2014