Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,293 results
All reviews new york boutique hotel martin williamsburg manhattan rooftop neighborhood staycation closet greenpoint
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

We booked a queen balcony room for our wedding night and had a horrific experience; while the rest of our wedding experience was absolutely magical, it was hard not to let our spirits feel dampened by treatment and accommodations (or lack thereof) we received at this hotel.

The morning of our wedding, we notified the hotel that we would be arriving late and that we would need to change the payment information on file. They sounded accommodating and advised us to just provide our new payment method at the time of arrival.

When we arrived after midnight that night, still in full wedding attire, the front desk receptionist said little more than hello to greet us. (“Congratulations” would have been nice, but as we learned, hospitality is not this hotel’s strong suit. Check out was a similarly cold interaction.) The late night agent was condescending, and said that in order to change our payment information, we would need to cancel our reservation and rebook through him. When we explained that we had been told differently over the phone that morning, he whined that my husband was interrupting him when he tried to speak. In the end, we were able to change our payment information online and receive our room keys after the receptionist silently typed on his computer for 15 or so minutes. In a scene like something out of 1970’s Times Square, a sex worker broke the tension as she interrupted our interaction with the desk guy to complain that her room was dirty, while shouting at someone on the phone.

As for the room — this is certainly not a 4-star hotel. With that said, the room also failed to meet basic cleaning standards, COVID or not. There was no soap in the bathroom, the shower floor was covered in pink mold, the floors were dirty, the ceiling lamp was adorned with dead insects, and the light switch covers were cracked. Drain flies lived in the bathroom, which wasn’t surprising as the shower could definitely use a snake treatment or some Draino at least. Oddly, the lamps were also all unplugged, with plugs bent.

As someone who used to work in hotel hospitality, I foolishly expected some variety of accommodation or congratulations after we had informed the hotel that was it was our wedding night. At the hotel where I used to work in midtown, for example, we would send chocolate-covered strawberries and a small bottle of champagne to newlyweds’ rooms, especially when (as in our case), we had booked a block of rooms for friends and family. We learned that McCarren Hotel & Pool does not offer room service at all, though, and couldn’t care they less that we chose them as our wedding night’s final destination. We learned this after calling the front desk twice, since they did not pick up at all after the first twenty rings the first time.

With all that said, if you’re looking to stay in Williamsburg, I recommend booking elsewhere — the Pod, the Wythe, the William Vale or the Williamsburg hotel are all better options with friendlier staff, cleaner and more comfortable accommodations, and nicer views. Steer clear of here; it’s definitely gone downhill in the last few years.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martha-Ivana
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

The location is great and the staff is doing awesome keeping the place clean during these hard times. Staff is super friendly and do well to make you feel welcome. Bed is super comfortable. Martin at the front desk was especially helpful and easy to talk to, he told me all the best spots in the neighborhood for various things while I was here for 2 weeks and was really quick to respond to any requests I had about my room. Looking forward to my next stay here

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

This Miami feel looking hotel was amazing! From the front desk, to the managers, to the room. They were all incredible. The pool is beautiful but you have to make pool reservations in order to get in. Karina greeted us at the front desk and was super kind to give us early check in. We then went to join the pool area had a blast. The bar staff was incredibly welcoming, Cesar making it super nice. My only complaint would be not having a balcony room .

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank kris6996
Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

Nice hotel conveniently located since I’m from Bklyn, as we all know things are a little different this summer with Covid19. I was having some renovations done in my home so I figured let stay at a local hotel to support them and relax by the pool for a couple of days. Well this is when things get bad I pay over $500 to stay for 2 nights to be told that I needed to pay to reserve a spot by the pool, what kind of BS is this. Your hotel is taking advantage of the current pandemic situation which is a shame. I travel extensively and leave reviews for every place I go I plan on going on all my social sites putting your hotel on blast for your shameful practices. I also intend to report you to the BBB, you raise your prices which I get but to charge paying hotel guest to go to the pool is unethical.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank yvette2112018
Reviewed 12 August 2020

By far my favorite pool in Brooklyn New York! Music is great, scenery is great, the vibes are great! The pool staff are very accommodating! Eric always takes care of his pool guests and make sure they're happy. Lobby is constantly being sanitized front desk staff is super helpful. Rooms are very clean and hotel location is very convenient.

Room tip: All the rooms are great, Penthouse is Gorgeous!
Date of stay: July 2020