Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lesley M
Exeter, New Hampshire

Outstanding Value and Superb Accommodations

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 17, 2019
I stayed in 314. It was a small, but tastefully appointed room. Very clean and very comfortable with a queen bed, wall-mounted TV and desk. The bathroom was beautiful. The Insignia was perfect for weekend visit with relatives. I'd book it again in a heartbeat.
Date of stay: December 2019
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Dec 18, 2019
Dear Sophia,

We love to hear how much our guests loved their stay and we appreciate you taking the time to share your 5 star review on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read we surpassed your expectations. Our rooms are quiet and meticulously cleaned to offer you an amazing experience. I'm glad you were able to experience what The Insignia Brooklyn has to offer. Thank you for your loyalty. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.

₱9,364
    ₱9,260
7.1 km from Insignia Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Brooklyn
All reviews continental breakfast chinese neighborhood subway station new york front desk room change pleasant stay first floor three nights rooms are small bed was very comfortable block lobby nyc bigelow ascent rates
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2019

Located in Brooklyn’s Chinatown, this small, boutique hotel was a nice find at a reasonable price for New York City. The rooms are small and basic but everything appeared newer, well kept up, and comfortable. Got some hall noise but not terribly bothersome. Front desk staff were polite and accommodating, kept our luggage for us on our last day before we continued our journey. Breakfast was offered but was spartan, but still acceptable.
Not related to the hotel, but please note that restaurant selection in the neighborhood is very limited, and most accept cash only. Make sure you know where ATMs are located.

Date of stay: October 2019
3  Thank Z5178YLgaryf
Naji-Kotob, General Manager at Insignia Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Good day,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Insignia Hotel for your recent stay.

We are truly humbled by your appreciation of all the things our Hotel had to offer and pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure you had a memorable stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Brooklyn.

Reviewed November 27, 2019

Visiting my daughter and son in law. Just needed a place to rest my head at night. The room was perfect, a queen size bed, small desk area , large shower, closet and even a small safe in the room. I did not use the breakfast offerings so no comment on that. The hotel was clean and quiet and everyone I encountered was pleasant.
When I checked in ,Kelly was working the desk and was so nice. She was professional and courteous. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Brooklyn.

Date of stay: November 2019
Naji-Kotob, General Manager at Insignia Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2019

Good day,

We love to hear how much our guests loved their stay and we appreciate you taking the time to share a 5 star review on Tripadvisor.

We are so happy to read that your overall experience was great. We also appreciated knowing how helpful and pleasant our team was during your stay. Kelly is a valuable employee and always goes the extra mile to ensure guest expectations are always met. Last but not least, We really appreciate the compliments on the cleanliness of the room, the Hotel location and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2019

We booked this hotel last month, but on the day of arriving we discovered we had accidentally booked for the wrong month. As the booking was non-refundable we were crushed at the prospect of losing hundreds of dollars. We spoke to Naji, the general manager. He was understanding of our situation and, appreciating that the booking was a genuine mistake, used his discretion to organise a refund. Mishaps like this can make travelling very stressful, so we can't thank him enough for this gesture. Some hotels would definitely not be so kind!

This is definitely the best hotel we've never stayed at - we'll be making sure we stay here on our next visit to New York.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank David1733
Naji-Kotob, General Manager at Insignia Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

Dear David,

We thank you for sharing your review with other Tripadvisor users. At the Insignia Hotel we pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure Guests expectations are always met. Also, I am so delighted to hear that we were able to solve the issue you had prior to your arrival.

The secret to our success is our commitment and dedication to the daily service we provide as customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We thank you again for the 5 star review and can't wait to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 19, 2019

I stayed here for three nights recently for a work trip—the hotel was recommended on the conference website, so I booked it. I probably should’ve done slightly more research because the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. No cute Brooklyn restaurants nearby, nowhere to stop for a glass of wine after a day at a conference. The location aside, the hotel staff is dismissive of issues. It’s a non-smoking hotel, but the hallways reeked of smoke. Nothing they could do! The original room they offered me was on the ground floor, with a large window and smelled like stale smoke. I expressed concern—I’m a lady traveling alone, and I don’t want to sleep in an ashtray—and they acted like it was a very large inconvenience to move me to a higher floor. The higher floor also smelled like smoke, but at least the room didn’t. A positive: the shelving in the bathroom was more than ample for everything I needed in there.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Naji-Kotob, General Manager at Insignia Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2019

Good day,

Thank you for choosing the Insignia Hotel Brooklyn. I am so disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not up to our standards. We are a smoke free facility and all our rooms and common area are non smoking.

The hotel is located in Brooklyn Chinatown and surrounded by many restaurants and coffee shops, moreover, we are minutes away from the "N" train that can take you express to Downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their visit stay with us as customer service is our main priority.

We thank you for the feedback and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here plenty of times. I think the place is worth its value. It’s in a convenient location. However, customer service sucks. I asked the girl (Hispanic) at the front desk to change rooms bc the sink was getting clogged and this room was unusually smaller than the other rooms. She asked if I pushed the stopper and I said yes. She asked to call back and I ok’ed it. She called back and asked again why I didn’t like the room. Again, I told her the room was smaller and the sink didn’t work. She wasn’t willing to switch rooms but was willing to send someone up to fix it. I told her it was fine. I’m guessing she didn’t like my tone of voice when I requested to change rooms. I stepped out to get dinner and no one ever came up to fix the drain. I wasn’t willing to ask twice since we only stayed one night. They really need to hire quality staff otherwise, the rooms are nice.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Lai624
Naji-Kotob, General Manager at Insignia Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Good day,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for your loyalty. I am very disappointed to hear that your latest stay was not up to our standards.

It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their visit with us and it is very disappointing when we fail to carry that promise through.

I will address your concerns with our Front Desk team and I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence. Thank you for the feedback, it would be a pleasure to welcome you again.