“Amazing cheesecake”

Martha's Country Bakery
Ranked #10 of 214 Bakeries in Brooklyn
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Got lured in here by the cake display, and what a display it is - hundreds of cakes! I don't think I've ever seen so many in one place before. Gateaux, pies, cheesecakes, cookies, pound cakes as well as desserts such as banana or rice pudding.
We ordered some tea and some cheesecake (of which they had numerous flavours including classic New York style). My husband opted for the Mississippi mud cheesecake - it was like eating a (delicious) Mount Everest made out of chocolate.
I had the chocolate chip cheesecake - it was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it - even my husband with his chocolate mountain was envious of my deliciously tangy cake with a chewy and crunchy choc chip crust.
Great place. Service was friendly too.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Love this bakery! Staff is always pleasant and give great customer service. I love the sit-down dining space. Very cozy. The desserts are just oh so good here. My faves are the chocolate fudge cake and the red velvet cake.

Tip: On Mondays, they have all cupcakes for $1 and Tuesdays are $2 buttercream cake slices. They have other daily specials, but those 2 days are my standouts.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Stayed with friends in Williamsburg and went to a show on Broadway. After enjoying the show and Times Square we took the subway back to Williamsburg and apparently worked up an appetite as it was 1 AM and Martha’s was a oasis. It was my last night in New York and I couldn’t go home without having authentic New York Cheese Cake. It was hard though not to pick one of the other numerous delicious looking baked goods. But score... the cheese cake was delisous and I had enough for breakfast before leaving for the airport.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This is the place to go. A pity if you’ve eaten before as you could eat many of the different cakes one after the other. The Oreo cake and the carrot cake with frosting were just fab...sure they offer other things and savory stuff...but who needs that of there is cake?

Reviewed 6 January 2018

While visiting New York this past week friends recommended a visit to Martha's bakery and so we did and loved it! The desserts were amazing, the service was excellent and the overall store atmosphere was very warm and inviting. Definitely recommend and will visit again on our next visit to New York.

1  Thank Greece12013