2 people are viewing this hotel
US$125
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$125
SAVE US$9
EvenHotelsUS$125
PricelineUS$125
HurbUS$130
All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat front desk great gym hotel gym the holiday inn barclays center new york fitness center definitely stay here again subway stop wellness sidney kale resistance lobby christina
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Came to Brooklyn to visit my family while working remotely. Please note, NEW YORK IS LITERALLY CLOSED! So please do not come to Brooklyn with any expectations. Now the hotel was very different, in a good way. My first room was a little inconvenient for me due to the standing desk. I’m a regular guy and a standard desk is ideal for me. Thank God the front desk staff was able to switch my room to a room on the 9th floor in the process. The views were amazing and the room with a standard desk is WAY better than the room with the standing desk. None of the amenities are available, including the fitness center. As far as food, their are a lot of options available. I will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank prynceg
Sue Kyaw, Owner at Even Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Prynceg,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2021

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and the hotel was very nice and even allowed us to bring our cat which made it better. Not only that, but it also introduced me to my favorite Korean restaurant! Also, if you are not aware of it already, definitely go to Dekalb Market too! This place is nearby a lot of nice eating and shopping stores, after which you can relax at this very comfortable place afterward. Definitely a pleasant stay

2  Thank allison_180

Hello Allison_180,

Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

We definitely had a good stay in the place, the staff was very lovely and friendly, Derek helped us with questions at reception when we were looking for NYC pizza at midnight, we definitely would stay here again in our next visit.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Sue Kyaw, Owner at Even Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Hello 392derlisr,

Thank you for choosing EVEN Hotel Brooklyn and sharing your review. We appreciate you highlighting the reception staff. Derek said hello and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 January 2021

Worst hotel experience ever. Regretfully, we booked the hotel through our credit card points, and couldn't share this experience on Expedia. Looking back, I can't help but cynically wonder whether that's part of the reason why we were given this frustrating treatment in the first place.
We live in another part of the town, and only booked one night in this hotel because I need to get to an early-hour exam nearby. It was important to plan ahead for the morning, so we called the hotel a couple of hours before we checked in to see whether they still provide breakfast, given the current COVID-19 situation. We used the phone number provided on the hotel website (718-552-3800), and was unequivocally assured by the lady on the phone that yes, there was breakfast. We were also told details about it, including that eggs, toast, and bacon will be provided, and that due to safety concerns it'd be offered on a grab-and-go basis. Upon checking in in the afternoon, we again confirmed with the front desk "whether breakfast starts at 6am", and was again told "yes". Imagine our frustration, then when we showed up early next morning, only to be told that there never was any breakfast, that there hasn't been for months, and that they could think of no reason why it was ever promised to us, or by whom. It was extremely upsetting since many delis are already closed during this pandemic, and the nonchalant attitude of the lady at the front desk didn't help.
There are other concerns, too. Dark red stains on the comforter just under the bed cover, which looks pretty old. Given the COVID concerns, we asked whether it might be possible to look for a room not recently occupied by other guests immediately before, and was given a flat no. Then when asking whether it's possible to do a late check-out post 11 am, we were told that any stay past noon time results in a $100 fee, which is a ridiculous amount—higher than the price for a single night at the moment.
I imagine it must be hard for hotel folks in this economic environment, and I'm not the type to usually rant so long about my experience. But so much of our frustration from this trip was so unnecessary and could've been so easily avoided with a little bit of competent management. I would advise anyone I know who travel to this neighborhood to stay clear of this hotel.

Hello Getaway14644492917,

Thank you for choosing Even Hotel Brooklyn on your recent visit to New York City. We are sorry to learn we fell short in some areas that need immediate correction.

Please email us directly at EVENBrooklyn-FrontOffice@ihg.com so that we can better address the issues you reported and the concerns you raised. We are thankful to get the opportunity to improve our services and deliver more consistently going forward. We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 January 2021

This was my first time staying with the Even Hotel. The greeting of the staff members were amazing. I would like to give a shoutout to David who worked the night shift on my birthday and checked me into my room. David energy was very genuine and welcoming. The check- in process was great. The hotel has great protocols in regards to the CDC guidelines for COVID.

My King size room was amazing as I walked into the room the light were green. Green is my favorite color with a welcome note, bottles of water and some goodies in a bag. The room was sparkling clean. The bed OMG it’s sooooo comfortable and the pillows I was in heaven I didn’t even want to check out of the hotel ahhahaha. Sue is a superstar thank you for my lovely note!!!!

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. I am I chose this hotel for my birthday. Thank you to all the staff members at the Even Hotel and all that you do for your guests. Keep it up!!!!! You will definitely be seeing me again.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Hello Stratj15,

We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn and appreciate your feedback. A very happy birthday to you!

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review!