Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Joyce W
Sarasota, Florida

First time staying in Brooklyn

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 22, 2024
We came to town to celebrate our son's graduation from NYU law school. Even though we knew the hotel would be farther from Madison Square Garden than if we'd stayed in Manhattan, we wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city and within walking distance to our son's apartment in Williamsburg.

Not only was the location perfect but so was customer service and housekeeping. Our suite looked exactly as pictured with a full kitchen, separate sleeping and sitting areas, and a spacious bathroom. (Our only tiny complaint is that the toilet was so low that it was more like a potty seat for a toddler.)

I'd definitely recommend.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Might not be suitable for guests with mobility issues because of the low toilet seat and tub height.
Trip type: Traveled with family
  • Lol.travel
    ₱7,995
6.1 km from Franklin Guesthouse
View more hotels in Brooklyn
All reviews car service new york full kitchen small kitchen small hotel room was large dwight greenpoint manhattan subway madero uber
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2024

Thanks for a terrific stay. Great room. Having a dining area with a small kitchen was a plus and Greenpoint is a perfect place to land giving us easy access to both Manhattan and Brooklyn. Hotel staff was great …lots of food options and parking near the hotel. Definitely will book again.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2023

I really appreciate this hotel-- although it feels more like an airbnb. It's great to be able to cook, I love Greenpoint because it feels like the Brooklyn that I grew up in, and the staff here are cool. I would say, it would be nice if there was a way to access the premium channels on the television. Overall, I recommend this stay

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2023

First and Last Time

904420104

Never ever again. I stayed here based on the amazing reviews I saw on Expedia and Google; I figured it was a great place. I checked in and the experience was incredible. Friendly front desk staff, unique furnishings-felt like home. Fast forward to my second day (I booked 2 days), I decided to sleep in a bit later. As I'm getting up around 11 am, I see an ant crawling up the wall. Not a big deal; I take care of it. A few seconds later, I see another crawling down the wall behind my bed-not far from the first one. Now I'm starting to get antsy (pun intended); then I see a third one. I shine my camera light around the baseboards-ants galore. I call the front desk, and she immediately sends up maintenance.

I then mentioned to front desk that I would not be able to stay and I wanted to do laundry to clean my clothes of any possible infestation before leaving. She agreed and gave me the laundry card. Side note: I saw 3 more ants even after spraying (one on the bed, one crawling up the wall and another on the bathroom towel hanging up before I left for good.)

I kept her apprised of my departure times; I also let her know I contacted my booking company and was waiting on a callback. When I went to return the laundry key to her, I notified her that I would be leaving within an hour and this is when things went south. Fast.

Anna (front desk) informed me checkout time was at 11 am. I asked her why was she mentioning that to me and she said she was just letting me know. I told her I didn't need to know that because I was not originally scheduled to check out until Friday; I was leaving due to an issue with the property. She continued to argue with me and I quickly asked for a manager's contact. That exchange made me so upset that I contacted the sister property and let them know what happened; I spoke with a Cristina at The Box House Hotel, who also agreed that this experience was not up to the expectations of the properties and the service I received was not on par with the values of the brand. Please note that Anna also proceeded to avoid me the remainder of the time I was there; which was about an hour.

Overall, this has been one of the worst stays I've ever encountered in my 200+ per year traveling days; and the fact front desk would want to resell an infested room so quickly without getting to the root of the issue speaks volumes to me (Anna mentioned that the staff wouldn't have much time to clean and resell the room; I was incensed to think that someone else would walk into the disaster I just left. She also mentioned that a family of 4 was there right before my checkin and hadn't mentioned any issues with the room; I also found that dismissive and unhelpful towards the problems I presented to her).

Overall, I would never stay at this property again, and I hope this review is a cautionary tale for others. Funny thing is, I didn't see any ants around the kitchen, and that's where I had cooked and prepped my meals the day before. I also didn't see any around my bags or luggage, so there's no way I could've brought them in. They were coming from behind the bed/window area and I did see gaps on the floorboards and windows. This is room 212, by the way. I literally wiped and sanitized everything with antibacterial solution (which is all I had) because I was so scared of taking the issue with me elsewhere

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2023

This is a fraudulent hotel.

I had a truly terrible experience with Franklin Guesthouse, and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I booked a reservation through Booking.com and was charged over $1,000 for my stay. When I called to extend my reservation for one more night, I was assured that it would be no problem, and both Booking.com and Franklin Guesthouse confirmed my extended stay. However, just a few days later, I received an email saying that Booking.com had canceled my reservation due to an invalid credit card. This was not correct as I had already been charged weeks prior with the same credit card. I was never contacted by either Booking.com or Franklin Guesthouse to approve the cancelation.

When I contacted Franklin Guesthouse to try and rebook my room, they told me it was already booked by someone else and that I needed to speak with Booking.com. I spent multiple hours on the phone with Booking.com trying to get a refund, only to be told that it was up to Franklin Guesthouse to provide the refund. The hotel manager, Nathalie Aguirre, was the most unprofessional and deceitful person to deal with throughout this entire process and repeatedly lied about the situation. She even denied the existence of email correspondence between the hotel and Booking.com, despite evidence to the contrary.

In summary, Booking.com canceled my reservation and Franklin Guesthouse received my $1,063 payment for the entire reservation even though I could not stay there and they had filled the room with another guest.

This is a fraudulent hotel and I would highly advise that you stay elsewhere to avoid their criminal staff.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2023 via mobile

I booked my room for 2 nights on a business trip…. Due to bad weather, I was delayed arriving BUT called to tell the hotel that I was not a “no show” and that I would arrive at 8am the following morning and to keep my reservation. Upon arriving in the morning, NONE OF THE LIGHTE IN MY SUITE worked in the bathroom, living room or kitchen. Maintenance came and could not fix the fuses. I had to check out as it was oversold. I naturally assumed I would get a refund because it was a maintenance issue. The manager, who would not speak to me directly on the phone, told the front desk woman that I had to pay for an entire night ($400) because I checked in at 8am instead of 3pm. THE LIGHTS DIDN’T WORK!!!! No outlets worked. No bathroom lights. It was not w check-in issue. So I just paid $400 for a room with no lights and could not speak a manager directly.

Room tip: Don’t expect any help or direct correspondence with a manager if there’s an issue.
Date of stay: February 2023